Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The BJJ community?

Quote Originally Posted by GOINGHOME View Post
    In particular I have noticed an increase in the number of "smart" comments towards new guys and/or guys who disagree with the prevailing thought
    Who has been posting stuff like that?

I think most people on there are friendly, but I don't post that much these days so don't read all the threads.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

That comment isn't a backhanded dig at anyone in particular, merely an observation that over the past couple of years I've found myself thinking "that was a bit harsh/smug" more than I ever used to. In particular people using sarcasm on outright beginners, and the rolling eyes emoticon as if something was flat out obvious, when some of the time it actually wasn't obvious at all unless you are involved in the grappling scene or know the people involved.

I agree that the bulk of the people are friendly. I can just see why some people consider it to be a little bit cliquey.

Im new to bjj, and the club ive been to all have friendly members. As long as there is respect towards you partners and opponants, its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubble View Post
    Im new to bjj, and the club ive been to all have friendly members. As long as there is respect towards you partners and opponants, its all good.
    glad you've had this experience trubble!

where you training? and welcome to the forums
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Calling EFN cliquey is utterly ridiculous IMO. And no I'm not on the belt register, I don't train at a Barra club and outside of people I train with, I've met about 2 people who post there.

Some people are a bit too sensitive, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphydeepheat View Post
    Calling EFN cliquey is utterly ridiculous IMO. And no I'm not on the belt register, I don't train at a Barra club and outside of people I train with, I've met about 2 people who post there.

Some people are a bit too sensitive, I think.
    Murphy wishes he was part of the EFN clique, his supportive post is a blatant attempt to curry favour with them...

James

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    glad you've had this experience trubble!

where you training? and welcome to the forums
    Cheers, im training down herts at tokon academy with david webb(purple belt under nick gregoriades)

Bicker like a family, fight like a family. Yeah, we are a community fren, like it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meerkatsu's BJJ Blog

efn is not cliquey! we even let in meerkatsu who is a gay communist! how's that for inclusive??
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tapsalot View Post
    Murphy wishes he was part of the EFN clique, his supportive post is a blatant attempt to curry favour with them...

James
    Damn you to hell!!!