Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hitting a wall

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Nooooooo! No one reads posts properly! I have no frustration right now, quite the opposite, I just know it's an inevitable part of progression and so I'm looking for strategies and techniques to minimise it and hoping that other people on here might also appreciate the insight of people who have been through this frustration and come out the other side...
    So you are planning now for something that may or may not happen in the future ? Surely you will only be able to deal with
    a problem when it occurs as only when it exists will you have an idea what is causing that problem. Trying to solve it now seems like a waste of time and energy to me. Just my humble white belt opinion.
    Consistently bad at everything

lol davids continuing to make friends
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by zefff View Post
    Dunno what his problem is with you Rob but your armbar played a big roll in my progression so thankyou because this thread was about progession... Until it got stupid.
    Yeah man, I have always learnt more from losses than wins. Makes you sit down and evaluate everything.

I think David is trying to be funny but I think piss-taking should be very light unless you are friends with someone. I don't like over-familiarity. Doesn't bother me but I'd enjoy a roll with him I think, lol.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Wow, what's with everyone being so serious all of a sudden? I was just trying to let off some internet steam in Rob's direction as I know he can take it. I made a resolution not to say any negative stuff on the internet any more, it just ends up getting you in trouble.

Rob, I doubt I'll ever have a roll with you, I don't think we'll ever meet in competition as you are a level ahead of me and a different weight and I can't think of any reason why I'd be going to South Wales in the next 10 years. Sorry.

Anyway...

So you are planning now for something that may or may not happen in the future ? Surely you will only be able to deal with a problem when it occurs as only when it exists will you have an idea what is causing that problem. Trying to solve it now seems like a waste of time and energy to me. Just my humble white belt opinion.
    1.I think it probably will happen
    2.Always be prepared, dib dib.
    3.I thought the thread might help other people as well.

I have to say, I've had a very negative response from a thread that was meant to be quite positive and helpful. What's going on people?

By the way, sorry Rob for using you as an Internet punching bag, I'm getting better I swear. And if we do ever roll, please, have no mercy, hahaha.

You got positive responses from a lot of people including Rob, Simon, Tribulus etc. Just keep training is the simple truth.

Or when the going gets tough you could always just pack it in.
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

Yeah, fair enough. I probably just feel like that because the responses were not what I was after. I was hoping for more people saying that it happened to them and they changed this or that which helped them etc.

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    Yeah, fair enough. I probably just feel like that because the responses were not what I was after. I was hoping for more people saying that it happened to them and they changed this or that which helped them etc.
    Not exactly the same but...My BJJ was always for MMA, defense, avoiding subs & getting up. Since deciding to do BJJ & No-gi comps ive been trying to be more "aggresive"/ positive by trying to pass & use subs.

I get subbed MUCH more than I used to, but im starting to enjoy rolling alot more since starting to be more offensive. My finishing is terrible but feel my positioining/ passing are getting better.

Ive changed club & made a resolution to roll with the "higher" whites/ blues every session. If nothing else.im enjoying training again.

Default Just keep training...differently

There is a lot of really good advice here already.

What I have noticed to work best for me has been to focus on how the techniques feel and how that feeling changes with time. I'm sure you agree that the same elbow-knee escape against the same person feels differently the first time you do it compared to the 30th or 100th or 300th. Not easier or harder (that's just relative to their development in mount maintenance!) but different.

That focus has meant that my AWARENESS has evolved and developed over time.

I still suck that won't change but at least I'm having tons of fun, noticing new things and learning more and more from the same material.

http://parttimegrappler.blogspot.com...grappling.html

The first time I realised that I wasn't tucking my bottom elbow under me enough in side-control escapes to the knees...wow. I almost came! I was very frustrated at how hard it was to get to my knees, especially against wrestlers and after focusing on slowly feeling exactly what was happening, I realised they were always reaching for my gi around the elbow and flattening me. I was previously TOTALLY focused on the underhooking arm, preventing the cross face, the shrimp and the bridge...etc. and was ready to go buy a dvd or something to see what I was doing wrong...then I decided to just let them have fucking side control and see how they were preventing me. Slow deliberate movement and focus o awareness and then I saw it.

Like I said, it still takes me a month to get out but at least now I know a little more than I did before. In my mind, that's what it's all about.

There is tons of great advice on the thread. Make sure you let us know how you are doing bro.
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me