Thread: Motherwell - Glasgow East

Default Motherwell - Glasgow East

All,

I'm looking to start training as an absolute beginner.

Does anyone know of any gyms in the Hamilton, Motherwell or Glasgow East End Area?

Thanks,

MM

The most hated Gaijin of all

I don't think there is strictly BJJ classes out that way mate, could be wrong.

I am not sure if there is a BJJ class in EK or not.

Your best bet is Glasgoe City Centre.

http://www.thegriphouse.co.uk/

High standard of guys of varying belts, tons of whites, blues, purples, 2 browns and 2 black belts at last count I think.

There's a few MMA clubs in the motherwell area, Mataleon and Volcano, but no BJJ clubs to my knowledge.
    20 minute drive will get you to the griphouse were there is an excellent coaching team for BJJ

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Team RAW also are opening an MMA place up at the industrial estate at Netherton.

If you want BJJ though you'll need to get into the centre of Glasgow and hit the Griphouse. Gi BJJ classes on Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays along with no gi on Thursday nights and daytime classes as well. Black and Brown belt instruction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Shrek View Post
    If you want BJJ though you'll need to get into the centre of Glasgow and hit the Griphouse. Gi BJJ classes on Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays along with no gi on Thursday nights and daytime classes as well. Black and Brown belt instruction as well.
    We should note that these classes are known to feature Allan Love, Motherwell Legend.
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!