Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
For the lower belt yeah, they should go 100%. That doesn't mean spazzing and squeezing heads though. 100% doesn't mean letting technique go out the window.

I don't care what people try on me though, they can squeeze my head, stack me with all their weight (and I have a few guys I roll with who have 50kg on me), attempt to choke me across my jaw etc... that's what can happen in a fight, I want to be able to deal with it. If I give up my back (on purpose or otherwise) and they pull my collar across my teeth, that's my fault and I need to learn to get out of there. If it's legal in comp I have no problem with it. However, if they do want to do that stuff they may not like what happens after I escape quite as much And if they're trying stuff which isn't helping then I'll teach them and show them what is better to do. That's jiu-jitsu. If I'm the higher grade I should be able to control things, if I decide I don't fancy getting crushed I should be able to go to feet on hips or sweep and take top position.
correctness