Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gymbox - London

i was a founding member when i lived in London. It was amazing then. Always never busy. All brand spanking new. In the evenings on a monday there was a lap dancing class and you watched (mostly) fit birds slide down a pole (unfortunate tits covered) whilst you are on a tread mill.

They had a DJ playing some good music and had rocky or fight club on a movie screen.

Better that fitness first over here

bateman how much do you pay a month ?

I pay 70 a month , but I told the guy to lose the sign up fee because I dont want boxing gloves, I dont want the rest of the crap and I want to pay monthly rather than a contract... PM me if you want the guys name.

I only use it in the mornings before work as I am at my BJJ club in the evening and I train a few Boxers which I explained to the guy so the classes are of no interest to me.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Just reading the name of the classes makes angry!! Hip Hop Bootcamp? Tour De Westfield? Thug Workout??? FFS! They shouldn't let marketing fuckwits anywhere near gyms.

I can't read those classes. Do any of them say BJJ, Boxing or Muay Thai?

I used to use the Covent Garden one when I worked in Soho a couple of years ago. Absolutely first rate facilities. I was paying 68 a month and got all classes free. Used the place daily but only ever really consistantly took the Friday night boxing class when I was trying to save money by not going out. Only 2-3 of the usual guys in there on Friday nights so was a good little class. Classes on the other nights tended to get a little packed. Also they used to let me and my cousin use the ring when there wasn't a class or private session on if we popped in before the lunch time rush. I'm not sure of the official policy on it but the personal trainers were OK with it and always happy to have a chat about anything boxing related.

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    Just reading the name of the classes makes angry!! Hip Hop Bootcamp? Tour De Westfield? Thug Workout??? FFS! They shouldn't let marketing fuckwits anywhere near gyms.
    LOL. Some look as dumb as the name but some are also ridiculous conditioning/workouts with kettlebells, circuits, sandbags, bag work etc etc

i signed up so I could get a 5 day a week work out before work... wasnt interested in the classes.
    Saying that going to see if i can get a few 1 to 1's with Eduard , also been chatting to Errol Christie a few times, he is one cool guy.

the weights Gym is warm, nice and full of hammer strength gear , then the cardio machines, well , loads of them.. spot on showering and changing facilities with a sauna. first class place...

works out at 3.20 a session , my local leaisure center charges between 6 and 9 a session...

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/