Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payment to amateur fighters

Default Payment to amateur fighters

Hey,

Just a quick question - do fighters without previous experience get paid or not? Or do they even have to pay to the organisation if they want to compete?

Cheers

you dont have to pay to compete.

whether you get paid depends on the organisation, ie could be paid part of a ticket purse etc. usually depends on what level they are fighting at ie ama semi pro or pro, iv known some ama fighters have a % of tickets sales, but they dont generally get paid.

I pay to compete, cos I just love foitin'.

I dont agree with paying to fight.
    I think in an am fight you shiuld at least get a share of how many tickets you sell. If you have no mates to buy tickets thats your own fault.
    Fighters need money to pay for training and gear etc. Its not exactley cheap.
    These events were you have to pay to fight are a joke. They are good for getting the nerves out the way as there isnt as much pressure on you as good organised events, that are being filmed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pab666 View Post
    I dont agree with paying to fight.
    I think in an am fight you shiuld at least get a share of how many tickets you sell. If you have no mates to buy tickets thats your own fault.
    Fighters need money to pay for training and gear etc. Its not exactley cheap.
    These events were you have to pay to fight are a joke. They are good for getting the nerves out the way as there isnt as much pressure on you as good organised events, that are being filmed etc.

fighters need money to pay for training and gear???lol we are talking ami fighters mate!

Ami fighting isnt about selling tickets to pay for "gear and training"

its about you as an individual wanting to commit to a sport on a non professional/profit basis with posibility of wanting to develope to maybe becoming skillfull enough to compete for a purse.

I find, even though I have no friends to sell tickets too and I pay to enter a comp, I still save a shed load of cash from my diet and by not eating takeaways and drinking. My food bill has been cut in half since new year.

I wish I could say the same. When I'm training I eat like a fucking shed.

well.... paying is a good idea...

paying to compete is a joke

especially those girly no head shots tournaments

So you save money from eating healthier? How do you manage that? I would be rich if I lived off takeaways ha!