Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Payment to amateur fighters

if your paying to fight, what do you get in return? is there the chance of a larger prize for winning?

so you and your opponent pay 20 each an one walks away with 40?

Quote Originally Posted by ashy51 View Post
    So you save money from eating healthier? How do you manage that? I would be rich if I lived off takeaways ha!
    Maybe not necessarily eating healthier, but cutting out the bad food. When you cut out the weekly sausage rolls, bags of crisps, misc cakes and pastries, choc, alcohol (easily a tenner a week) and takeaway (another tenner) that's bout 30 a week savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Maybe not necessarily eating healthier, but cutting out the bad food. When you cut out the weekly sausage rolls, bags of crisps, misc cakes and pastries, choc, alcohol (easily a tenner a week) and takeaway (another tenner) that's bout 30 a week savings.
    True, but training can quickly get expensive, especially when you start cross-training at different clubs.

Amateur fighting falls into 2 catergories, supporting card on a fight night and amateur inter club fights, on fight nights you should at least get some % of any tickets you sell.. at interclubs there isnt really a crowd to pay for the hall hire etc, so fighters are expected to pay to enter just to cover the costs of running the event..

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I find, even though I have no friends to sell tickets too and I pay to enter a comp, I still save a shed load of cash from my diet and by not eating takeaways and drinking. My food bill has been cut in half since new year.
    I wish I could say the same. When I'm training I eat like a fucking shed.