Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power Balance Bands ?

Default Power Balance Bands ?

Power Balance Bands ....

I'm writing this as a non believer at the moment as I haven't tried the technology (giving it a go this weekend at a mates place), but anyone heard of these wrist bands ? A lot of sites say it's a hoax, but a lot recommend them too and the company itself has sold millions of them up until late last year. I'm not sure how new the product is, but there isn't currently a UK Site running from the main producers of it.

I have a friend who is one of those guys everyone has a mate like, who doesn't suffer fools. He got told about these bands, and being the level headed guy he is , he fobbed it off as a pile of crap. He now owns one after trying it and absolutely guarentees me they work. I'm not so sure , but I'm willing to try it , while trying to maintain a level head and not let the Placebo effect take control.

Anyhow, out of interest ... Vitor Belfort wears one and endorses the product (obviously for money!) : http://www.powerbalance.com/athlete-vitor-belfort Could it help him beat the Spider?

Any experience trying them here ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12067154

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1...its-no-science

Yeah these things really work, I mean if the people who make them no longer claim that they have any scientific basis to support there claims of increasing flexibility, balance or athletic performance.
    Then yeah these things are defiantly worth the money.

1) It's utter bollocks!
    2) interestingly I've seen a forum post on this before and I think it used very similar wording, so, SPAM ALERT!
    3) It's utter bollocks!
    4) I also have a friend who's a semi-pro rugby player and has two on each wrist (I kid you not) and swears by them, despite how much I tell him that...
    5) It's utter bollocks!

Did I mention, it's utter bollocks.

It's utter bollocks!

i like boobies
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Well, just while we're on the same page here - I think it's bollocks too, but nonetheless I am going to give it a try. It's not costing me anything - so may as well. I'll post my review in here when done.

We admit that there is no credible scientific evidence that supports our claims.
    It's all straight up placebo effect bollocks. Why waste the time??
    Last edited by bean; 20-01-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    http://www.isaninja.co.uk

That's the funny thing about my Rugby mate.
    He says "I know it's just a placebo effect"
    How can you be aware it's not doing anything and still feel the effect?
    Hit in the head in the scrum too many times maybe?!
    Last edited by AdamM; 20-01-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Also Pinhead, remember your report will be invalid as evidence for or against because of confirmation bias, as you have preconceptions about the results.

to test it you'd at very least need to have two bracelets. One a "genuine" balance bracelet and one with an ordinary non-magic bit of metal in it and try it out on people who have no idea what a balance bracelet is.

You'd also want to avoid the term "balance bracelet" as it affects the result.

It's utter bollocks.
    Spend the time doing something more constructive