Thread: Swine Flu warning...

Default Swine Flu warning...

Morning guys...

First of all, let me give you guys a bit of background info if I may.... Christmas Eve, was informed my Cousin was critically ill in hospital. Saw him on Christmas Eve - looked in a bad way - machines breathing for him, tubes attached to him etc....

Was later diagnosed with Swine Flu and moved to St. Thomas' in London. Was initially getting better supposedly. Then last week Friday, the docs found a bleed in his lungs. He suffered 3 heart attacks. They cut him open and found his lungs 99% damaged, with no chance of recovery. They did what they could - he died last week Friday night....

He would have been 40 this year. Me and him were close / practically grew up together. He leaves behind a wife and a 1 year old little girl. His Missus is also 3 months pregnant too....

The only thing in my opinion which would have helped, and he would still be alive today, is if there was an option for anyone to have the Swine Flu jab. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the Government doesn't give a f*** about us and is only interested in saving money. Their current advice about Swine Flu is crap and is the reason why my cousin, and so many others here in the UK are dying needlessly.

Probably too late to do anything now/get vaccinated now, but I urge everyone, please, when it comes to the next Winter season later this year, to have themselves and their families vacinnated against flu, and particularly swine flu. No doubt you'll have to pay for these vaccines, and you may well have to do it privately. Don't listen to anyone (including Gps) that says you don't need the vaccine or there isn't any point etc. My cousin was fit and healthy, with no underlying health problems and it killed him. If he'd been vaccinated he'd still be with us. So make a note in your calendars, and Sep/Oct this year, please ensure you and your loved ones are vaccinated against this terrible disease. I wouldn't want to wish this illness on my worst enemy.

Sorry for the long post and Thank You for your time...

what a terrible story, I hope you are all coping as well as can be expected
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

sorry to hear your bad news , very tragic and very hard on his family and friends...

I will be the first to admit that I never have a flu jab as I always thought it was a pointless excersize. Reading what you have just put I think I will take your advice next winter..

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Was mentioned in today's Daily Mail...:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...rned-away.html

Still trying to come to terms with what has happened. All I can do is try to raise awareness of this terrible illness. This is such a horrible illness I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Please can you all ensure that, in the coming winter you and all your loved ones are vaccinated against this terrible disease, even if you have to pay to do so privately.... And if anyone ever does develop symptoms, go straight to A & E..... Sod the GP's, doctor's, walk-in-centres, as far as I'm aware they all let my cousin down tragically....

Sorry man, scary stuff - I worry about this kind of thing a lot, you never know when it could happen