Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost - did you watch it all? *spoilers*

I did enjoy lost but like the OP was a bit letdown by the ending, has anyone tried "the event"? Seems to have a bit of a lost vibe where the writers give you snippets of info each episode but hopefully not as many unanswered questions and tangents. Talking of lost another interesting mini series was "the lost room" that had a definite ending and seemed to cover all bases along wih being intreguing and a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    Tbh, I really like DH haha.
    Then there is hope for you yet. DH is eleven levels of awesomenessnessness. The next step, Jay, is to stop watching (and talking about) wrestling.

I love Lost and although the ending wasn't a big climax like everyone was expecting I was satisfied by it. I have recently started re-watching it on blu ray and you see there is a lot more connectedness through it. I have to say season two was actually quite good but season three was the one where it's a bit wishy washy, definitely not how i remembered it. Season four was awesome and currently re watching season 5

Saw one episode, a polar bear attacked them on a desert island and some other shit happened, decided it wasn't for me. Probably a bit too quick, but I was glad I didn't waste my time watching it, my friend loved it and he would tell me about it, the whole thing just sounded like the writers had no idea of an ending in the first place, just wrote as much random bullshit as they went along, then wrote a lame ending to try explain.

I watched the first season on tv each week, but early in the second season I started missing episodes and if you miss one episode, you are screwed. So I just decided to wait until the whole series was over and watch them all then.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

I know this is a long shot, but can someone summarise and condense the whole story into a paragraph ?

A plane crashed, people survived but what was the other crazy shit about ?
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    Saw one episode, a polar bear attacked them on a desert island and some other shit happened, decided it wasn't for me. Probably a bit too quick, but I was glad I didn't waste my time watching it, my friend loved it and he would tell me about it, the whole thing just sounded like the writers had no idea of an ending in the first place, just wrote as much random bullshit as they went along, then wrote a lame ending to try explain.
    Partially the case, but overall a brilliant series. Bought the whole season in HMV the other day and up to season 5 so that's why I'm only partially looking at this thread.

I was a total Lost fan for the first two seasons (even used to read Lost forums 4815162342.com), but then it really started getting pish and I immediately stopped when I noticed that the writers were stealing storylines from the forums. They also started dropping in random things that people on the forums were talking about as "easter eggs". It just proved that they actually had no fucking idea what they were writing about. The whole thing was originally planned out to be two seasons, but when it became so damn popular they managed to put 4 seasons of filler in. Also, the writers claimed, during the second season, that "everything can be explained by science" and that it wasnt going to be anything spiritual or religious.

Basically... how id recommend watching Lost is:

Watch the first season (as it was incredibly well shot and had some really good episodes) and then pretend the rest of the seasons never happened.

If it had ended right then at the end of season one it would be a mysterious psychological thriller cult classic rather than some pishy love triangle emotion wank stain that it turned out to be.

abrams is a fucking hack who can't write more than a few episodes without wandering off into self indulgent make believe bullshit
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
    I was a total Lost fan for the first two seasons (even used to read Lost forums 4815162342.com), but then it really started getting pish and I immediately stopped when I noticed that the writers were stealing storylines from the forums. They also started dropping in random things that people on the forums were talking about as "easter eggs". It just proved that they actually had no fucking idea what they were writing about. The whole thing was originally planned out to be two seasons, but when it became so damn popular they managed to put 4 seasons of filler in. Also, the writers claimed, during the second season, that "everything can be explained by science" and that it wasnt going to be anything spiritual or religious.

Basically... how id recommend watching Lost is:

Watch the first season (as it was incredibly well shot and had some really good episodes) and then pretend the rest of the seasons never happened.

If it had ended right then at the end of season one it would be a mysterious psychological thriller cult classic rather than some pishy love triangle emotion wank stain that it turned out to be.
    Thats pretty much spot on.

Series 1 was amazing. the next 2 seasons were 10 episodes dragged out to 45 (the Nikki and Paulo episode almost made me break my TV). 4 and 5 were interesting, but by the time you got to 5 you realised there is no way they can make an decent ending to it.

The final season did a good job of answering a lot of the questions, but the ending was drab. They basicially started to many threads that they could never close it all off and took the soft way out.

Shame as if they did the whole thing at a faster pace in 2 seasons with a conclusive ending it would have been the best show ever.