Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Kickboxers Out There?

Default Any Kickboxers Out There?

Hey guys,
    as some people might know I do kickboxing (not muay thai btw) and i was wondering everyone on here seems to do muay thai now I know muay thai is far more popular and i'm not trying to start the trolls saying muay thai>kickboxing. I am just wondering is there anyone else on this thread that does kickboxing/points style?
    Amatuer Kickboxer: 3-0-0

I mostly train kick boxing, Call me a tart but in sparing I would rather take a foot to the face than a knee or an elbow.

We do a little bit of knees & Elbows, & Ground work things like that, but its mostly kick boxing, few guys from the school fight (but not me yet) and I train under an amazing guy called Justyn Billingham in Ascot.

Isn't 'kickboxing' just full contact karate?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlasmma View Post
    Isn't 'kickboxing' just full contact karate?
    its close but not the same

i train mma aswell just wondering about everyones thoughts on kickboxing

I heard that kickboxing beats Muay Thai any day of the week, but Aikido beats them both.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.

I used to just train kickboxing about 5 years ago fought a few times gave up due to losing interest really.. I think it's had it's day, there aren't as many shows anymore (just kickboxing) and some guys have moved out of kickboxing to persue mma.

I personally feel that K1 and Thai is more exciting to watch and has a more "danger" element to the bouts than kickboxing, and the general public who are going to see some fights would probably be more inclined to watch mma to be fair as it is extremely popular!!

At one time there was clubs everywhere like 4 in town now your lucky if theres 1 that just does kickboxing.

It's a dying art in my opinion and it's a bit of a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by No surrender View Post
    I used to just train kickboxing about 5 years ago fought a few times gave up due to losing interest really.. I think it's had it's day, there aren't as many shows anymore (just kickboxing) and some guys have moved out of kickboxing to persue mma.

I personally feel that K1 and Thai is more exciting to watch and has a more "danger" element to the bouts than kickboxing, and the general public who are going to see some fights would probably be more inclined to watch mma to be fair as it is extremely popular!!

At one time there was clubs everywhere like 4 in town now your lucky if theres 1 that just does kickboxing.

It's a dying art in my opinion and it's a bit of a shame.
    you speak the truth 0.0
    still i feel it has improved my striking in mma
    i have been to a muay thai club near me but i didnt like it(the club not the art)

If you go to a good kickboxing club it will definately help striking ...Thai is arguably the more powerful kicking wise but your hands will be better for sure.

What didnt you like about the Thai club?

packed full of people and the instructors were slagging off loads of clubs not just mine but also an mma club about 30 mins away from me