Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What drinks do you take with you when you go training??

Quote Originally Posted by combatarena2MMA View Post
    Sensei Owen doesnt allow us to drink during class. He says water is for the weak

www.combatarena2.co.uk
    WTF? So do you also stand in line whilst being shouted at and refer to your sensei as "Sir".

When I was training - I'd take a bottle of water with me to sip on during training, and a carton of Mars Refuel, which I'd gulp down as soon as training had finished. Works great for recovery and tastes absolutely delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by bomberh View Post
    Lager.......
    When I was at a no-gi event years ago, there was this guy that didn't particularly have any technique but was really big and strong, got into positions and just squeezed using strength like a nOOb would (end up breaking one much smaller kids rib in the absolutes) and was swigging on a bottle of wine, lol! Nevertheless he got tapped out fairly sharpish by Marc Goddard so what goes around...

Water, recovery drink after training.

If i'm a little low on fuel, I mix apple juice with water (about 25% apple juice).

If we are talking post workout then I have vitargo or waxy maize starch from myprotein mixed with Reflex Instant Whey. Also Cell Mass from BSN mixed with 1 tablespoon of Cherryactive. Both drinks really help speed up recovery. I often go from hanging out of my arse to buzzing and wanting to go back to the gym within half an hour.

As I said before, I cannot overstate how good Powerade is for hydration and a steady intake of simple carbs. First used it all the way back in 2002 when they first came out. Our Uni Rugby League team were sponsored by Physiosport and we got loadsa Powerade free to. All the lads swore by it. I sweat a lot so i often run the risk of dehydration and cramp, so Ive really got to look after myself in regards to hydration.

Just started using myproteins electrolyte tablets before evening classes. Too early to say if theyre any good yet tho.

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

3 hydroxycut, 30mg ephedrine, 1g charlie, 2 red bulls and am game for anyone
    THE.ORIGINAL.SPYKID__4-0-0 MMA__1-0 K1__DNFT__ EZ-SPORTS

lol. I usually take water and thats it
    Yo Rashad - do you want fries with that?

you cant go wrong with water, it does the job!