Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Scam I Got Today

Default New Scam I Got Today

Dear Friend

I am Mrs. Emelia Brown, I am 68 years old born in U.S.A, and I am suffering from a long time cancer in the Lungs which also had affected my entire well being, from all indication my conditions is really deteriorating. According to my doctors they have advised me that I may not live for the next two months, this is because the cancer stage has gotten to a very bad level. I was brought up from an orphanage home, was married to my late husband for twenty years and we lived in London until my husband died in a fatal motor accident in London. Since his death I decided not to re-marry, I sold all my inherited belongings and deposited all the money with a bank in London. Presently, this money is still with the bank and I have not operated the account for a long time due to my illness. Presently, I'm with a laptop in my hospital room, where I have been under going treatment for cancer in the lungs for over one year. Recently, doctors told me that I have only a few months to live so I quickly called a pastor to give me positive advice concerning my money. He ministered to me to share this inheritance with the orphans in orphanage homes and people that need money for survival. It is my last wish to see that some percentage (%) will be distribute among the charity organizations, the poor and orphans in orphanage homes where I came from and some percentage (%) for devoted individual that will utilize this money the way I wish. I took this decision because my time will soon be over and I do not want the bank to inherit the money if I eventually die. I want you to honestly accept my decision and send me the following details to enable me instruct my bank to process all my money valued Ј3.5 million GBP and transfer to you as my beneficiary. As soon as I receive your reply and the details, I will issue a letter of authority to my bank which will empowers you as the beneficiary of my money, in as much as you give me assurance that you will do my last wish.
    Your Full Name..................
    Address..............................
    Nationality..........................
    Phone Number..................
    Occupation........................
    Age..........
    Sex..................

Yours sincerely, Mrs. Emelia Brown

Along with all the "urgent" and "Response Needed" emails in my junk mail inbox either from women Ive never heard of and banks I dont bank with, this one is getting fucked right off!

Just thought Id share the wealth peeps. Stay switched on guys. And San Diego, you stay classy.

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

What a kind hearted, withered old prune. Do the good thing Stapes, think of the orphans. If you don't, some dick dastardly rapscallion could take advantage of this kind soul's good nature and keep the spondoolies for themselves after the transfer..

boxingbrit

She needs to learn how to use paragraphs the old bat

Haha. Yeah grammar is the first thing to go when you're on your way out!!!

Just out of interest...is there any point clicking the option to "Mark as Phishing Scam" or shall I just delete?

Stapes

email her back saying you cant be trusted as it will go on high priced hookers and drugs

Mate, I would love to email all of them back and fly into full on Frankie Boyle mode with the insults and what id do to them. But im told replying to them grants them access to or makes it easier for them to get your personal details and hack into your computer.

You' think with such a command of IT they'd brush up on their fuckin English!

Stapes

Just ignore it, if you click or return your just opening yourself up for trouble

I had come through last month saying that my Halifax Visa Bill was over due and to click on the link to make arragments before court was taken.

I dont use the Halifax and I dont have a Visa Card

i had one from halifax and it was really convincing, sent me to a page almost identical to the halifax homepage and i bank with halifax so the email could have been real until i noticed it sent me to halifax.org instead of halifax.co.uk which i usually use so i quickly left

Quote Originally Posted by BenA View Post
    i had one from halifax and it was really convincing, sent me to a page almost identical to the halifax homepage and i bank with halifax so the email could have been real until i noticed it sent me to halifax.org instead of halifax.co.uk which i usually use so i quickly left
    Yes, a phishing site, the idea is to have people log into the website with their details, it then records what people input into the fields. Then they go onto the real website and go into your account, then buttfuck you.

Just remember, banks never email you about anything like that at all, maybe only notifications of changes they might be having, but nothing requiring you to login.