Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling stuff

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Default Selling stuff

Where do you guys generally sell stuff? Just like general things, I am having a clear out, hence the guitar sales etc.

Ebay fees seem a right rip like!
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I'll give you one million dollars for one night with your wife
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    I'll give you one million dollars for one night with your wife
    Best I could do is my gf, but for a million yo can pretend she is my wife, fuck it for 1 million I will video you

you can put it up in the commercial shop section... oops i mean the for sale section of these forums

ebay fees are a piss-take but if your listing is good you can do pretty well. I've bought dozens of cymbals and drum equipment,, used them until I fancied a change and then sold them on for a profit. Good photos (and plenty of them), a clear and thorough description and a reasonable start price (no reserve) are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    ebay fees are a piss-take but if your listing is good you can do pretty well. I've bought dozens of cymbals and drum equipment,, used them until I fancied a change and then sold them on for a profit. Good photos (and plenty of them), a clear and thorough description and a reasonable start price (no reserve) are essential.
    Its the no reserve that bothers me cos I don't want to lose money on them (guitar stuff mainly), well I mean I know what I want for them, I am blatantly losing money on them lol.

Ways to combat that?

Aye baron it's in the commercial shop....ahem..... For Sale section

I set the starting price at the minimum that I'm willing to accept for them and don't put any reserve. Check the completed listings to see how much the same/similar items have sold for in the past and be realistic with your expectations. It is also worth remembering that some items/brands have bigger potential markets than others. For example, Zildjian cymbals command a premium and always sell well. good luck.

try gumtree mate

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRabbit View Post
    I set the starting price at the minimum that I'm willing to accept for them and don't put any reserve. Check the completed listings to see how much the same/similar items have sold for in the past and be realistic with your expectations. It is also worth remembering that some items/brands have bigger potential markets than others. For example, Zildjian cymbals command a premium and always sell well. good luck.
    Aye thats how I came to my prices, the Mick Warlock for example, one went for 750 without case last week so I have said 650 with a case, the rest are priced similar, dunno if the gear I am selling is 'too metally' if you get me? Hmmmmmm

How does Gumtree work Daniel?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Churnside View Post
    try gumtree mate
    Never a truer word was spoken.