Thread: (judo injury) bones of the lower leg breaking and the knee shattering, very gruesome

Default (judo injury) bones of the lower leg breaking and the knee shattering, very gruesome

Turn your volume up on your pc

Anyway, what caused this was it the guy not falling propally or was it just accident. It seems judo throws are bit more injury prone than doing single legs and double legs etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YOKtMsF5ds
    Last edited by akiraB; 06-02-2011 at 01:16 AM.

To be honest I would love to do judo but the risk of injury & my inability to heal quickly has put me off.

My worst injury to date is a dislocated knee which was from a throwing & counter drill in a TJJ class.

They say Judo stands for "gentle way". Yeah right.

I'm not going to watch the video so no idea what happens but I think leg injuries are pretty rare. Exception to that would be old dudes who have trained for like 30years, knees and hips seem to take a lot of wear and tear. I think prob most common injury is people putting their hand to the mat when being thrown, I know of a few people that had to get their elbows pinned from that. Happened to Yoshida in the 2000 Olympics, there'll be a video on Youtube.

Too old, too stiff, low level, too much force used thus limiting the ability to take the fall.
    Feel sorry for the guy and respect any adult beginner but judo really isn't a recreational game in a competitive environment.
    Injury was bound to happen at some stage for those two

Quote Originally Posted by dirty dick View Post
    respect any adult beginner but judo really isn't a recreational game in a competitive environment.
    I don't really understand this bit.