Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dana White rips Rashad Evans for not fighting friends. Says he has too many friends.

Hybrid View

Default Dana White rips Rashad Evans for not fighting friends. Says he has too many friends.

And i agree with him

Its people like Rashad Evans that will turn MMA into the same farcical sport that is now boxing.

I watched an interview with him last night and I quote " I dont need to fight all the time , I know how tough I am and I dont need to prove it"

WTF? What a complete idiot.

Thats up there with Q: Why do you not want to fight somebody else because shogun is injured?
    Rashad A: " I want to protect my brand"

And should he win the title, what next? Pick and chose only the opponents he can beat? sound like boxing yet?

Im soooo happy Rampage slapped him what a bitch.

Not often I defend Rashad Evans, but to be fair, it's always been this way though.
    If you watch back over old cards and you'd often see a Lions Den v MFS card or Hammer House v RAW or similar.

Hammer House isnt a real team.

And I cant imagine Lions den guys refusing to fight each other, from what I understand they pretty much kill each other in training.

Could be wrong but id be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    Hammer House isnt a real team.

And I cant imagine Lions den guys refusing to fight each other, from what I understand they pretty much kill each other in training.

Could be wrong but id be surprised.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Hammer_House

from very early in UFC history, there's been team allegances.
    Can't think of many team mate v team mate match ups
    Chuck v Tito were training partners
    Other than that, I'm struggling.
    I'm sure there are a couple of other examples, but they're surely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Hammer_House

from very early in UFC history, there's been team allegances.
    Can't think of many team mate v team mate match ups
    Chuck v Tito were training partners
    Other than that, I'm struggling.
    I'm sure there are a couple of other examples, but they're surely rare.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Using Wikipedia to prove something.

Hammer House was something Mark Coleman dreamed up and asked a few other guys (Wes Simms for one) he new that where not associated with any team to start repping.
    It is my understanding that they never trained together as a team short of a few of them hitting a bag at Mark Colemans house from time to time.

I could be wrong, ill try and find a source (reliable)

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Using Wikipedia to prove something.

Hammer House was something Mark Coleman dreamed up and asked a few other guys (Wes Simms for one) he new that where not associated with any team to start repping.
    It is my understanding that they never trained together as a team short of a few of them hitting a bag at Mark Colemans house from time to time.

I could be wrong, ill try and find a source (reliable)
    Is that correct. I always believed there were a legit team.
    Coleman , Randleman, Sims & Baroni being the one's that jump to mind when i think of hammer House & I always believed they trained together.

TBH Jacksons MMA is becoming ridiculous now and they have so many fighters on the UFC roster its making Joe Silvas life very difficult.

Fair enough if your from Alberquerque but most fighters have uprooted from there homes to go train there.

They have like 8LWs on the UFC books, none of whom will fight each other, do they really expect Dana NOT to be pissed?!?!
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Dana will probably get a clause in future contracts, stipulating that the fighters need to fight who they say. Because as the sport grows, so does the good teams and its no good that number 1 & 2 contenders cant get their title shot.
    Its not the size of the boat.....Its the motion of the ocean.