Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GNP Clothing are complete fakes and Rip off wannabees!

Default GNP Clothing are complete fakes and Rip off wannabees!

JOHN HAS TAKEN MY MONEY IN OCTOBER, PROMISED AS REFUND IN THE FORM AF A CHEQUE, WHICH I ACCEPTED, THEN NOTHING. NO PRODUCTS, NO MONEY.. NOWT! I FILED A COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT TO WHICH HE IS INTENDING TO DEFEND ALL THE CLAIM!!! HE OBVIOUSLY ISNT GOING TO PAY. HE THEN DIDNT REPLY TO ME AND AFTER 1 MONTH SENT ME 2 SAMPLES OF GILDAN OFF THE SHELF T SHIRTS THAT I COULD HAVE GOT THE SAME DAY!! IM SICK OF COMPANIES LIKE THIS IN THE UK.

IF YOU CAN BE BOTHERED, READ THE EMAIL DISCUSSIONS BETWEEN OURSELVES BELOW.

John Murphy wrote:
    > Hi Jamie
    >
    > Sorry for late reply been working trying to get these finished, had a small problem as well today I don't think we are going to get them out for our 6pm cut out time, but if that changes I'll let you know.
    >
    > Everything will be with you before the original delivery date though.
    >
    > As I said I don't really want to send out a half arsed job as it does none of us any favors
    >
    > Kind Regards,
    >
    > John Murphy*
    > GnP Clothing*
    > Made for Fighters by Fighters

On 13/10/2010 08:00, Caged Steel Fightgear wrote:
    > What will be despatched today as it needs to go to this address:
    >
    > Care of JAMIE THWAITES
    > C.W.LAMLEY AND COMPANY
    > No.1 The Mansions
    > 219 Earls Court Road- London SW5 9BN
    > Tel. 44(0) 20 7373 6265
    > Fax 44 (0) 20 7373 5964

John Murphy wrote:
    > Jamie
    >
    > As you are aware when we accepted this project we informed you of a completion time of around 14 working days, during this time you have informed us that you require the products to be completed and delivered in time for the UFC Expo which was not made aware to our self’s until we had began production.
    >
    > I had informed you that there was a small chance that this could be completed however based on the size of the product my estimations where incorrect.
    >
    > As it stands we will not be able to complete the project within that time frame of 7 days that you had given us, the products will not be to a high quality acceptable to both you and I, if I had known the products had to be completed within that time frame at the beginning of the project I would not have accepted the job.
    >
    > I appreciate this is not what you want to hear but it is the truth, the items are simply not ready and will not be ready in time for the expo. If this is completely unacceptable then please provide me with a forwarding address and I will have a cheque issued to you today.
    >
    > Sincerest apologies
    >
    > John Murphy

On 13/10/2010 13:06, Caged Steel Fightgear wrote:
    > I think with the prices I can only sell to the end user and the expo would have been the best place. Im sorry for the rush, but i think it will be better to credit the account and do something further up the line. Forwarding address is:
    >
    > Caged Steel Ltd
    > 31 Bretton Street
    > Dewsbury
    > WF12 9BJ
    >
    > Jamie

On 13/10/2010 13:11, John Murphy wrote:
    > Hi Jamie
    >
    > Just to clarify do you want a credit note with us or do you want us to send you a cheque made payable to Caged Steel Limited?
    >
    > Sorry again for this inconvenience
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John

On 19/11/2010 19:49, Caged Steel Fightgear wrote:
    > John,
    > I was very surprised to receive your letter today. After passing emails between ourselves, it was apparent that you had business interests elswhere, and as such the lack of money in UK MMA was not a problem. You offered a FULL refund, with a cheque sent to Caged Steel ltd the next day (October 14th).. It was apparent then that business was not good, as I remember your invoice was numbered 001. I gave it the benefit of the doubt as people have good things to say about you.
    > Caged Steel was built from nothing and now employs 9 staff full time and 3 part time, and without ever taking money off someone and apparently spending it on other things for the brand. I am a business man with 4 companies in the UK and the USA, and I have never had my money taken as per our relationship. I will accept your aggrement eluded to in your letter, but please understand that as no goods have passed hands, it is in fact not a contractual agreement of payment for goods, but is looked upon by the law as fraud. As such, I dont expect any further FREE goods to be given to anyone until the debit is settled.
    >
    > I hope we can sort this out as like I said, people have good things to say about you, but I am sick of loosing money to people who think that the UK MMA scene is a goldmine.
    >
    > I look forward to your reply.
    >
    > Jamie

On 19/11/2010 20:17, John Murphy wrote:
    > Hi Jamie
    >
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > To answer you questions, it is taken us longer than expected to free up money and release capitol we have else where. The invoice numbering system is unique to each account we have on file so just because an invoice is labeled 1001 its a reflection on your account and nothing else, it does not mean this is our first order in total.
    >
    > I've not taken any money from you and spent on other things apart from the work that was requested, we agreed a project time frame to which the date was changed by you, not me simply stating that you would be unable to make a profit on them if they where not available for the UFC Expo something that was not mentioned at all before the project had began.
    >
    > I offered the letter up as a means to give you something until such time we have access to the full amount to be repaid and again offering a 2.5% interest on each payment until the debt is cleared is something that I consider to be more than fair, I could have ignored the matter completely and let things go down another road but that is not the business I am in.
    >
    > Obviously I'm looking to resolve this matter as quickly as possible so that we can both move on.
    >
    > John

On 05/12/2010 16:33, Caged Steel Fightgear wrote:
    > John,
    > How about we settle this by you making our Fight Team gear instead??? Could be future business there too! A good way to settle this I think?
    >
    > Jamie

On 05/12/2010 16:53, John Murphy wrote:
    > Jamie
    >
    > What do you have in mind?
    >
    > I got to be honest with you, when I got the agreement back off you and your crossed out happy with "not happy" as far as I was concerned you did not agree to the 400 per month. After taking some advice off various people I was going to issue a credit note and supply the tags and all the blanks etc that had been produced as that was the only way I could see to get past this.
    >
    > So if you want me to look at the fight team gear by all means send me across designs / samples you want made up and I'll look at what we have in the diary as a work around for production times etc
    >
    > I'll also mention now that I have been unable to reply to the last few emails as I have been caught up with personal issues that have effected my role within the company.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > John

On 05/12/2010 17:08, Caged Steel Fightgear wrote:
    > Obviously I am going to say im Not Happy. It was after all that you emailed me telling me that I could have a FULL refund! I didnt ask for my money back, you offered it!
    >
    > I have offered you a lifeline, but your last sentence regarding your position within the company, which is you and your wife, has alarm bells ringing! I want to resolve this by you making our team gear which is a lot less complicated than the origional designs.
    >
    > Will you do this, yes or no!.. If not then I will make this a legal matter which I dont want it to be.
    >
    > I have built CS to the position it holds as No 1 in the UK and Europe, employing 9 full time staff, and obviously with my other two businesses including a third generation family company in conveyor belting, we have a very long established relationship with our solicitors!
    >
    > I dont want to go down this route so please do my fight team gear!
    >
    > Jamie
    Last edited by Cagedsteel; 09-02-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Jamie Thwaites - Managing Director

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4079/jt1ot1.jpg

Surprised by the problems you've had Jamie, sad to hear

i've always found John and GnP very helpful, sometimes a little slow, but always come through good in the end each and every time and normally can't do enough to help people out

I have always supported both Caged Steel and GnP i think they're wicked companies and do a lot for 'the community', hope you can sort out your differences mate
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

I have had several transactions with GNP and never had a problem?!! Hope it all works out.
    "If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic

Well I'm with Jamie, I actually sacked GnP as my sponsor, lol

Pain in the arse.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Having been privy to some of the conversations and knowing how long (and in the face of some pretty blatant lies) Jamie has bitten his tongue for, I'd say there is no hope of this being "patched up".

Several avenues have been resorted to to try and garner some of his initial investment back (which was a seriously big amount in UK MMA circles) but he's had no products - other than the aforementioned two off the shelf t-shirts - and no services rendered.

Sad that he had to get to the stage where it needed posting here, but it's been like four months in waiting. He did try to offer John some business to help out when it was obvious he couldn't return the cash, also to no avail.

Some others have had problems too, but I won't name names. I just hope Jamie can recoup some of his money. John wouldn't answer the phone or e-mails, hence the courts getting involved.

I have had simliar issues with GnP clothing during my spell running my old mma shop (www.sbmma.co.uk)

for example:

an order was made for one of my customers via a drop ship account, nothing arrived, I called, a replacement was promosed, nothing arrived, this continued for several months until eventually the tshirt arrived at MY address (not the customers)

by this time I had already refunded the customer, and though John's delay I lost future business from the customer, his freinds, family, and his gym mates

as the shop was in infancy I could really have used the business, as so many people had mentioned how good Gnp clothing were, i had intended to have them as my main brand, but due to these delays, I eventually had to close my shop.

I'm not saying that it was ALL down to GnP clothing, as I do have other commitments, but service I received from them is not by any means acceptable

I really do hope that John gets things sorted out properly and gets the business operating as it should be, as he is a nice guy, and he does provide good products (EVENTUALLY)
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

The claim is best pleaded as a breach of contract. It may be possible to go down the lines of fraud, but it’s not necessary and more difficult to establish. Not sure how you’ve particularised your claim, but you definitely want in there that there has been a breach of contract rather than a fraud (or just a reliance on fraud alone). There is a danger that a defendant who is properly liable in law could escape on a technicality if the case isn’t pleaded properly. It’s the order form that is most relevant in proving you claim to the court.

I’ve just looked up GNP, but they haven’t filed any accounts yet (they aren’t obliged to until October), so it’s impossible to determine their liquidity / whether you stand any chance of getting your money back (even if you do get judgment).

Not sure how GNP hopes to defend this – aside from a technicality - if you’ve given over money and they haven’t delivered the goods on time or at all. Even if they do rely on a technicality I’d be amazed if you didn’t get the opportunity to amend.

It’s probably better for both parties in the long run if a refund is given and the court case is closed down quickly (especially for GNP, because the costs are only going to increase - even if CS don't have solicitors instructed they can ask the court to award them costs for dealing with the action in person (CPR 48.6 - civil procedure rules). The longer it goes on, the more settlement costs.

Not shocked by this at all as it has happened many times to many people, but everyone is to scared to say anything.

Sorry you got fked around dude, bad times
    MMA is not a charity

It's a shame to see this. I used to speak to John a fair bit back when he first started GnP and he came across well as someone who was dedicated to provide a good service and he was always passionate about it.

I only made one order -which arrived on time.

Hope he sorts things out and turns things around. Judging from the email exchange, you showed a lot of patience Jamie. Don't think I've ever heard a bad word about Caged Steel and doubt I ever will.

(sorry I haven't read through everything)

I take it there was a contract? and a timescale was stipulated on the timescales of the contract?

If this is the case then surely it is straight forward and a chargeback can be completed through your bank to reclaim the money as they haven't provided goods or services.

Obviously if the contract is questionable, with loose timescales then it's a different matter.