Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is dojime Illigal for BJJ?

Default Is dojime Illigal for BJJ?

This is, I think, where you crush the hell out of someone who is in your guard. I have read it is illigal for Judo.

People have done this to me plenty and usually it just feels unplesant. I tapped to it, a bit late, in the past and my back was pretty sore for days.

Does anyone know any counters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T5VGhDGShE

That version, from the guard, is legal. If you do it with a leg-triangle from the back it could become an illegal spine lock if you bend him backwards.

The defense is really just keeping good posture. If you're sitting up with one elbow inside his knee he's only making it easier to open his guard. Don't think I've ever tapped to it though, so can't really tell you a lot more than that.

break their ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by vileniall View Post
    break their ankles.
    Oh yeah, mess them up if they're dumb enough to try the version from the back in that video.

[QUOTE=
    The defense is really just keeping good posture. If you're sitting up with one elbow inside his knee he's only making it easier to open his guard. [/QUOTE]

What about defense for nogi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudes View Post
    What about defense for nogi.
    Ummm.. same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurning View Post
    Ummm.. same thing?
    I see how that sounds stupid.

I never roll nogi so i guess I don't need to know. When I put my elbow inside the thigh (GI) I am usually grabbing the belt or trousers. I suppose you just push it inbetween without grabbing anything for nogi.

A good friend pulled that one on me once. I shouted at him so loud and of course I regret that coz he's a friend. It's just such a cunt of a stupid move/

the solution is very simple though. The move works because you're wider when facing your opponent. To negate it, you just need to turn up to 90 degrees in their guard. If you think they might take your back if you do that, bring up a knee to block them

Don't do it on friends. It's stupid.
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

Why shouldn't people do it in training/to friends? If it's legal in comp it's fine in training. If you have such a problem with it then just counter and pass then knee-on-belly them until they tap.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

I was winded on the floor after someone did this move on me once and I got told to stop being such a pussy.

There is a way to make it extra strong by wrapping your arms under your legs but I'm 99% sure this is illegal.

I don't see how chocking someone is any less of a cunt of a move though?