Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is dojime Illigal for BJJ?

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    There is a way to make it extra strong by wrapping your arms under your legs but I'm 99% sure this is illegal.
    'Scorpion crunch'. Legal, I think, but a bit shit, all he has to do is push on your throat or chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post
    I don't see how chocking someone is any less of a cunt of a move though?
    If someone's dumb enough to sit still you could probably break a rib with it. That sucks a lot more than just being choked out.

P.S. The version of dojime that works:

Do not do this in a BJJ comp, it is very illegal.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurning; 09-02-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Do not do this in a BJJ comp, it is very illegal.
    you sure about that?
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    you sure about that?
    maybe it counts as a spinelock depending on how applied.

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    you sure about that?
    Hmmm... In my memory he pulled his head back, which made it a blatant spine-lock, whereas actually looked like he just pushed his hips a bit on re-watching. Not sure, now, need experienced ref input.

Rosi Sexton
    Pro Fighter
    Female MMA Mod

If it's legal in comp it's fine in training
    Not sure I agree with this in general.

There's a whole bunch of stuff that is competition legal and unpleasant / painful - but just doesn't work very well against someone who really cares about winning and doesn't mind being sore for a few days afterwards. Using stuff like that in training might get you a few gym taps (who wants a sore back / neck / ribs / whatever every training session?), but is likely to make you pretty unpopular with your training partners and only gives you a false sense of how well your game works. IMO.
    Looking for injury, rehab or nutrition advice? visit combatsportsclinic.com

Fighting out of Next Generation

If someone's dumb enough to sit still you could probably break a rib with it. That sucks a lot more than just being choked out.
    I think it seems to be relatively slow, if someone's dumb enough to not tap when their arm is out straight then they'll break their arm! I'm not standing my ground on this point though!

Rosi - what sort of things are you thinking of?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Guilty, your honour. I squeezed a guy in my guard like this last night (just to distract him from submission/sweep attempts). To add further insult, I sat up at twatted him a few times in the belly (It was an MMA class with body shots). Is it really considered a dick move? I've never heard anyone talk about it as such (or even give it a name). I'm surprised that people get tapped by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Rosi - what sort of things are you thinking of?
    Face bars, I'll tap in training because I don't want my teeth going through my lip and a mouth full of ulcers the next day. However, in competition I won't tap to it because when it comes to winning a little pain never hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurning View Post
    If someone's dumb enough to sit still you could probably break a rib with it.
    I was dumb enough, I just sat there thinking he will get bored soon. Won't do that again! Did not do any damage but it hurt like a motherfunker.