Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Best Groin Guard ???

Question Whats The Best Groin Guard ???

hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice on what the best groin guard on the market is at the moment ???

www.mmafactory.co.uk - Use discount code cagewarriors for 10% off your order

it depends on what you want to pay and what it is getting used for

Basic Karate , Kick Boxing , general stand up or on a budget then simply buy a cheap jock strap design ( me or any sprots shop )

For BJJ then its the Spider Guard as it flexable ( see made 4 fighters )

for Thai they go with Sandee Metal Ones ( see fightshop . com )

or as Genesis has said the Jaco or even the cheaper Dirty Boxer Version if your after a good all around design to replace your under wear.

I am old school Karate and have a standard jock strap design for over 25 years so will always wear them, but to be honest no matter what you buy they are still the worst thing to wear but a kick in the bollocks hurts a lot more

the dirty boxer groin guard is pretty bad, i am yet to use the jaco one but i am buying it soon so will see how that goes. in my experience the compression shorts with cup style groin guards don't work that well as they dont keep the cup close to your body.

At the moment i'm using the shock doctor ultra carbon flex cup and have been for a few years. but like i said will be trying the jaco one soon so i may switch to that.

Comments are based on training tae kwon do, kickboxing, bjj and mma.

edit: shock doctor cup: http://www.osakafightgear.com/produc...Supporter.html

I use this one http://www.mmauniverse.com/products/SS344

I only bought it as a stop gap untill I could afford a better one but I never bothered in the end. I roll and spar with no problem, when I get hit there it seems to protect things pretty well. I've done a couple of am MMA fights and a boxing match using it and wasn't even aware of having it on.
    Fitch's fan

yeah i use the Evolution standard groin guard. Its not flash but it does the job.....plus it was only 7.

The Jaco one is a bit shit, nightmare to put back together if you take it apart to wash it.
    The best for me is a metal Thai one in a normal Jock strap.
    I used to Tap a guy all the time by going north south and banging it on his head.

Maybe he just tapped because it looked like I was pumping his head????

Still funny though......
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by staffie View Post
    The Jaco one is a bit shit, nightmare to put back together if you take it apart to wash it.
    The best for me is a metal Thai one in a normal Jock strap.
    I used to Tap a guy all the time by going north south and banging it on his head.

Maybe he just tapped because it looked like I was pumping his head????

Still funny though......
    rofl, this post is awesome. but also informative as i have almost bought one of the jaco groin guards on numerous occasions, i'll stick with me shock doc for now then

Dirty boxer
    "If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic

Best for protecting your knackers - a Thai Metal One.

If you actually use the traditional hemp string you can get it closer and tighter than any other groin guard and it wont move about. This method does involve hemp string up your butt crack though, which isn't for everyone.

Most people buy a cheap jock strap and stick the metal groin guard in it.

We dont have any Thai Metal in stock at the moment but will have next week as we are getting a Sandee shipment in

Groin Guards