Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rules For Forum Signatures and Posts

Hybrid View

Default New Rules For Forum Signatures and Posts

Starting from Tomorrow, ALL commercial links are not allowed in signatures or posts.

(Shops, Supplement companies, Promotions, Books, Magazines, Websites, etc are classed as commercial links)

If a commercial link is found in a Signature within the forum it will be deleted and the user will be PM'ed with a warning. If it happens again their account will be deleted.

The ONLY exceptions to this are the following

Moderators - Are allowed to have 2 links in their signature, that link must be to your business or your website, you are not allowed to use your link to promote other commercial entities.

Fighters and Gyms - Pro Fighters can have a link in their signature, however it must be directed to their gym website or the fighter’s own website. The link is not to be used to promote other commercial entities.

Photographers - Need to contact advertising@cagewarriors.com providing they are willing to provide images to Cage Warriors when required. Then they will also be allowed a link to their website on their signature

MMA News Websites - If the site in question is a good source and we have an existing working relationship then a link will be allowed, sites in question will have to email advertising@cagewarriors.com

Promotions - Can have 1 link to their website only. If any more are needed then they should contact advertising@cagewarriors.com

Anyone that wants to use the CWFC website or the forum to generate business for their Company needs to contact advertising@cagewarriors.com for an advertising pack.

Commercial Links in Signatures Pricing is £10 pcm (ex. vat)

Will edit mine now according to the new rules

CW getting all sexy and business like...

I've edited mine but just want to confirm I can't have a link to a BJJ gym?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

done, and done!
    The streets are alive with the sounds of pain...EARN YOUR F***ING SCARS, SON!

How did it go in Orwell's Animal Farm? "We are all equal but some are more equal than others"

It's really no skin off my nose because I've never had a commercial link in my signature, but it seems a bit odd for certain people to be allowed to do things that no-one else can. Could someone explain the rationale for each of those exceptions please?
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 15-02-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Exile View Post
    How did it go in Orwell's Animal Farm? "We are all equal but some are more equal than others"

It's really no skin off my nose because I've never had a commercial link in my signature, but it seems a bit odd for certain people to be allowed to do things that no-one else can. Could someone explain the rationale for each of those exceptions please?
    kindov agree, some people on here really do take it a bit far with over the top name dropping of companies.

Is it Ok to have the name of a company but not a direct link to their website?
    Last edited by Nimmy; 15-02-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Yeah, it will be a bit shit if MMA promotions are allowed to link to their websites but people can't link to the MMA or jiu-jitsu academy they train/teach at. Wait to see what the answer is but I guess the people who run the forum get to set the rules.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

money. And it makes sense to me. CW have woken up to their 2 + Million hits a month

boxingbrit

Think mine fits the new rules as i'm a MOD