Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The curry Thread

Default The curry Thread

Who 'ere likes curries? ..and who 'ere like making them? Not only are they tasty they're really healthy and great for part of a cagefighter diet! What kinda things do you like, or like to put in your curries?

Dhansaks are the best curry

/endthread
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

lamb kadhai ftw!

I'm currently making a Lamb Rogan Josh. Ginger, crushed garlic, loads of onions, cinnamon, nutmeg, corriander, cumin, tumeric, garam masala, cardamoms, paprika, peri chillie, bit of salt n pepper, bay leaf and greek yoghurt all mixed. Currently simmering on the hob whilst I have a glass of wine. Smells bloody great actually, just a bit. Think will add a twist of lemon though next time.

Made a chicken Balti for my woman yesterday, with green and red peppers. Love curries!

I dont really follow recipes. Tend to chuck in anything in the cupboard. My fave is: little oil, cook mustard seeds until they start to pop, chuck in chicken strips, then ginger, garlic, grated onion, red chilli (bhut jolokia ), garam masala, tumeric, cardimon pods, couple tins of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 mins. Boil rice with a couple of cloves.

prefer Chinese
    I do a mean Chili and Garlic beef

king prawn madras, pilau rice and garlic naan.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Curry is the one thing I've never been able to make myself as good as it is from a takeaway

Usually just cheat and end up buying the pastes from Tescos and then adding a few bits to it along the way.

Takeaway-wise tho, you can't go wrong with a dhansak or pathia.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    Dhansaks are the best curry

/endthread
    agree, it's great.

i until very recently felt there was no point in going for a curry unless i emerged with a fiery mouth and sat on a Japanese flag the following day. Been on the madras for years, then started going vindaloo. the other day i went dansak and it was really good.

agree with the purist on this as well, can never quite get home made to taste anywhere near as good as takeaway.

BTW poppadums with those little sauces, onions etc is the best starter i can imagine, love that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by baikel View Post
    I dont really follow recipes. Tend to chuck in anything in the cupboard.
    this. bung it all in and see what happens!