Thread: Tiger Muay Thai & MMA, Phuket

Default Tiger Muay Thai & MMA, Phuket

Alright guys,

Just wanted to find out a little information about Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket (I know theres been a few posts). Basically I am in Thailand for three weeks in April, and I plan on training there. Does anyone know anyone on a personal level there, as i have contacted them several times and I've even paid them to train over there. Stupid, but thought once I'd paid they'd message me back, because I can understand that they can't b bothered wasting time on queries etc. Just to be good to get a confirmation from them

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

you are going to be a walking sign for 3 weeks.

haha thanks for the heads up. But not quite the information i needed. But thanks anyway

tiger are pretty useless when it comes to answering emails. there is only one member of staff with a brain in the office and it aint her job to answer emails.

better off just turning up and going off on your own sorting shit out, they will book you rooms that are full and then play dumb. this is thailand, dont exspect anyone to make an effort to do anything unless it involves them getting money. offer them a bonus they might answer lol

PM me your details and ill ask the girl i know who works there for you

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun.R. View Post
    this is thailand, dont exspect anyone to make an effort to do anything unless it involves them getting money. offer them a bonus they might answer lol
    A jaded thailand veteran speaks the truth!

As Shaun.R said, it is common to turn up and think that all the shit you booked will be ready and waiting for you i.e somewhere to stay.....but it's thailand and "booking" means nothing. Better to go and expect to have to do some ad hoc stuff on your own than get there and be shocked/surprised.

hopefully it will all work out for you mate. If you don't fancy tiger then take a run down to Sinbi - quality gym

Thanks guys!! I'm a lot more chilled out about the situation now, was panicking and thinking I'm going to get turfed as soon as I get there haha. But thanks very much for all the feedback I'm just going to "wing" it a little and hope for the best, got quite a bit of savings in case shit hits the fan....well, not unless i get locked up anyway

Shaun.R - thanks dude, I'll pm you my details, would be great to get some updates

Soreshins - I do intend to go to Sinbi, heard through the grapevine it's pretty good gym. Will deffo have to become a gym whore for the 3 weeks

Cheers!!!!!

Thanks guys!! I'm a lot more chilled out about the situation now, was panicking and thinking I'm going to get turfed as soon as I get there haha.

Watch TV Online

Yea you'll be fine, the office at TMT don't do too much! I'm sure I could put you in contact with the guy who runs the office, a little camp looking thai guy, I forget his name. Anyway everything will be cool, they keep the bookings pretty tight and are all over who is meant to be training and who is not. Are you staying in the fighter rooms? or dorms? or luxury rooms?
    Asa | www.granitecitygrappling.com