Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choke without passing guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    The technique certainly needs an element of surprise but here's my advice-

if someone commits their arm that high,you need to immediately arm bar them,waiting and being too scared or too slow to open your guard
    results in the ezekiel being very dangerous.
    I got caught with an ezekiel from guard a couple of weeks back and it was definitely the element of surprise that made it effective! I've never had anyone try it on me other than newbies so I wasn't expecting it, then when he started going for it I thought it wouldn't come on but it was TIGHT and once it was on there was no way out. As Simon says, you need to attack the arm and open your guard early - useful advice for me!
    Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Oh, and I've seen him do it to other guys several times since - it really works for him.
    Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

There are 2 chokes that work well from this position..... thats one of them!

Still you can get arm locked easily if your tech isnt down!

I guess sometimes the most effective technique in martial arts is whatever your opponent is not expecting. Like Ali decided his best chance against Foreman was to start throwing noob style right hand leads, since he figured that none of his sparring partners would have dared do that to him in practice. Likewise few people at his club would have the arrogance to try and choke a bjj black belt without passing guard first.

In regard to the first video, doesn't it usually take longer for someone to go out from an oxygen choke?

Probably a misunderstanding on my part, but it seemed like the pressure was on the throat rather than the artery.

won a few fights against better opponents with ezekiel's from in side the guard, work well off of tansitions, eh bridging someone into their guard and slipping it in, if u have nimble wrists it'll slip straight in.
    hv a vid of this at the kent open a few years back when i fought as a brown belt.

KNOW THE RULES SO YOU CAN BREAK THEM PROPERLY

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru1ja-bebA

one of my guys pulled this off at the hereford open on sunday