Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help about BJJ club for beginners

Default Help about BJJ club for beginners

Hi guys,
    Please could you recomend me a good club for absolutly beginners? I have no experience in any martial arts but really keen to start learning the ropes. I am thinking for London Fight Factory or Shoot fighters as they both have classes for beginners only. I would be grateful and thankful to everyone who can help me with some advices. I live near Rotherhithe. Thank you very much.

Carlson's have basics classes for beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Carlson's have basics classes for beginners.
    Thank you very much for the info. I've just checked the website. The prize looks reasonable and also the location. What I saw is that there are plenty of basic classes and I would like to try it. I hope there are some beginners like me
    Last edited by highstage; 27-02-2011 at 10:46 PM.

You can't go wrong with Carlsons but you might find it a bit of a trek from rotherhithe.
    Diesel Gym in Canary Wharf is only 20 mins away from you.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...lateDistance=1

http://www.londonmuaythai.co.uk//ind...2-isle-of-dogs

Yeah diesel gym is a great place to train. I train there myself.

There are beginners in every class so don't feel like you'll be the only one. Also there's none of that direct debit/contract bollocks. Just pay 80 quid for a month or even 25 quid for a week unlimited training with no other commitments.

Hope you enjoy your training wherever you end up buddy. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.
    The Part Time Grappler - Just Google BJJ / Grappling Tips and you'll find me

The best club for you is a personal choice for you as what is best for another beginner might not be best for you so check a few out and go with what you feel was your favourite and the one you enjoyed most or got the most out of.

Travel and time will become a factor later though when you become addicted and devote your life to the art, not everyone can afford 3 hour round trips although most BJJ addicts actually do LOL. Good luck!
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

I train at Fight Factory myself and would recommend it. All of the above clubs are solid, though. I recommend doing a trial class at each one you can make it to and seeing which you prefer.

Yeah guys you are all right abut that. I am sure the personal experience to everyone is diferent as the feeling as well. Actually I trained last year for a while in ECBJJ near London Bridge and I can say it was great place. Most of the guys were really cool and great team and Eduardo is really great.
    I stoped to go as I faced some personal problems at the time, but what I found it dificult for me was the mixed classes. But it was llike I am the only one really beginner at the time . So take in account that everyone is there to learn not only to help I didn't feel very comfortable . (I hope you understand what I mean as my english sucks.)

This is the reason that I want to try beginner/basics classes as sure there will be some better than you guys from which u can learn something and same time feeling like you are on the right place.

The distance is really important so working 8-6 don't give me much room to travel around the town. I think for the what offer Carlson place sounds really, really GREAT but probably at the begining I would try something closer to my house.
    I would be happy if you share your personal experience as beginners. Thanks again for the advices

LFF runs beginners, intermediates and mixed classes, so it's likely you'll find something to suit your level. The beginner's class focuses on basic positions/concepts, body movement and specific training only. Intermediates introduces full sparring and the mixed classes are generally targeted at blue belt and above. Also if you're attending beginner's classes, you're welcome to drill prior to the class for an hour or so and some of the better beginners do supervised sparring after the class.