Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last nights UFC

If they don't fire Joe Daddy then I will. In a very literal - if grammatically incorrec - way.. with matches.
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK_MMA View Post
    Proper horrorshow.

http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Quote Originally Posted by Rōnin View Post
    UFC Proof that it doesn't matter if you get beaten into an unrecognizable bloody pulp, you'll still win the fight with a single take-down, lasting exactly 10 seconds down in a full 3 round fight.
    ??????
    Guess Kampmann got cut and bruised up in that 10 seconds then eh ??

A fight isn't judged on how much damage is caused by a fighter - it is on what happens throughout each individual round.
    Damage caused is a SMALL part of how a fight is judged.

No doubt Kampmann won the first round.
    The second was very close and could have gone either way, as was proved with the judges scoring.
    The third, IMO, was definitely Sanchez's before the takedown, which just cemented the round.
    Personally, I gave it 29-28 to Sanchez.
    REFEREE with MMA Officials

i had kampmann winning the first, the second and third were alot closer but i would have given both to sanchez and did when watching it live. i can understand why people thought that kampmann won the fight overall because he bossed the first round.

I think one of the issues was Diago was throwing huge obvious punches and Kampmann was throwing fast straight punches that were a LOT harder to see landing. I think Kampmann took the first two rounds and should have won. The second might have been closer than the third but still pretty clearly more Kampmann IMHO. The third round I think Diago won.

At the end of the day Kampmann did alot more damage and landed many more punches. Even in those crazy flurries in the second that probably won Diago it in the eyes of the judges Kampmann was still countering and landing well.

Props to Diago, though, hell of a fighter!
    Fitch's fan

I was hearing about how Kampman was robbed before I watched.. I did score it to Kampman, rounds 1 and 2, but it wasnt a robbery, it was clearly a wrong decision I think, but its nothing new, and it sucks

i think to many people are counting rounds and points threw the rounds , giving sanchez the win is to show people if they keep pushing the fight to the end and not giving up ya will get the decision in close fights , people like finch and a few others are making the fights boring , i personally like to see the fighting spirit that keeps going to the end , think thats what the ufc are lookin for as well

Quote Originally Posted by karlh272 View Post
    i think to many people are counting rounds and points threw the rounds , giving sanchez the win is to show people if they keep pushing the fight to the end and not giving up ya will get the decision in close fights , people like finch and a few others are making the fights boring , i personally like to see the fighting spirit that keeps going to the end , think thats what the ufc are lookin for as well
    so basically, you think that is a fight goes 3 rounds, the winner should be the guy who showed the most fighting spirit? regardless if he got beat up most of the 15 mins?

I just watched it, and thought that the judges suffered Leonard Garcia syndrome. If a fighter is seen to be coming forward, throwing powerful looking punches, it seems like that gets noticed by the judges more than technical counter striking, whether the strikes are landing cleanly or not. I can see how Diego's aggression could make it possible to misconstrue what was happening, but didn't like the decision personally.
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

[QUOTE=James-w;739428]so basically, you think that is a fight goes 3 rounds, the winner should be the guy who showed the most fighting spirit? regardless if he got beat up most of the 15 mins?[/QUOTE i think he lost round 1 clearly but 2 was real close and he won 3 clearly so as he finished a lot stronger and was tryin to finish in round 3 i gave him the win , my point is fighters are coasting through round 3 thinkin they have won the first 2 rounds and the ufc have got to do something about it , they need it to go in the direction of fighters tryin to stop the fight not coast to a victory after a good start....