Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last nights UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    I just watched it, and thought that the judges suffered Leonard Garcia syndrome. If a fighter is seen to be coming forward, throwing powerful looking punches, it seems like that gets noticed by the judges more than technical counter striking, whether the strikes are landing cleanly or not. I can see how Diego's aggression could make it possible to misconstrue what was happening, but didn't like the decision personally.
    I agree, the judges base the fight on the most simple form, it's like judging a barfight.

The UFC or who ever it is should have to be tested to be a judge because it seems more and more this sort of stupid judging is getting worse.

Still not seen it, going to watch it this weekend, but reading the PbPs and looking at the figures on fightmetric etc, I can't understand how Diego won. Took lots of damage, was outstruck in every round but the last, and had 14 takedown attempts stuffed. His face is fucked, not even the Yoshihiro 'The Hawtness' Takayama looked like that after his ridiculous brawl with Don Frye!

Here's my feelings on last night's event:

I hate you Joe Stevenson, really I do. I had reservations about that fight, don't know what compelled me to add it on.
    Oh mate! That's a fucking harsh one! Ooooofff, haha.
    Tea Drinker for Life, but preaching tolerance for the Children of Coffee.

who do you do the bets through?

I just watched it, and thought that the judges suffered Leonard Garcia syndrome. If a fighter is seen to be coming forward, throwing powerful looking punches, it seems like that gets noticed by the judges more than technical counter striking, whether the strikes are landing cleanly or not. I can see how Diego's aggression could make it possible to misconstrue what was happening, but didn't like the decision personally.
    Also seems that someone defending takedowns gets zero credit, yet one takedown wins you the round.

I had it 29-28 Kampmann. Although I would have scored it 30-27 Kampmann before I would have scored it 29-28 Sanchez.
    Sherdog.com - The number one MMA site on the web today!

Quote Originally Posted by z11 View Post
    Also seems that someone defending takedowns gets zero credit, yet one takedown wins you the round.
    Good point.
    Fitch's fan

Pro Fighter
    Chris Garry

Scored it 29-28 Sanchez for what its worth
    Dont be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they dont!!