Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing in London?

Default Boxing in London?

I want to learn how to box. Where in London would be best placed for me to do this?

Central London and west London would be preferable but I will travel further out (in London) for quality instruction.

Was thinking about Rooney's gym in London bridge. Anyone got any feedback about this place, or anywhere else?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Old Scratch View Post
    I want to learn how to box. Where in London would be best placed for me to do this?

Central London and west London would be preferable but I will travel further out (in London) for quality instruction.

Was thinking about Rooney's gym in London bridge. Anyone got any feedback about this place, or anywhere else?

Thanks in advance
    Real Fight Club - Liverpool Street. 60 odd a month, classes all through the day, decent coaches, free weights etc.

Ok fella thanks for that. Just googled them, looks good but I can't see anything on the site about their pricing. Just an invitation to visit the gym for a look around. That usually means you'll be given a sales pitch before they hit you with a contract. A little too commercial for me.

I only train at gyms that have their pricing in plain English on their website. Thanks anyway mate.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Old Scratch; 06-03-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Peacocks gym
    Start Wrestling

PM me if you want, I am licensed with the BBBC as pro trainer/second , it would be ideal to understand what sort of level of Boxing are you looking for ? Ama , Pro , White Collar, Unlicensed or striking for MMA ... fitness ?

that would probably help define the Gym and the best place for you to go ... some Gyms have a heavy focus on Pro's and will not have an interest as much in Ama's or those that are doing it to keep fit .. hence Rooneys by London Bridge has a quite a few Pro's and I know they get most of the look... Peacocks is also a pro gym with quite a few trainers so you would need to hook up with one of them.. Gymbox you can head to and do some fitness and pads , etc etc ...

Give us a bit more info

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

To be honest my immediate goal is fitness. I'm not even thinking about competing yet but who knows?

I know I could get fit by going to the gym and running on a treadmill, but that bores me to tears. I need some sort of focus to my training. I need to feel as though I'm progressing and working towards a skill. I have done grappling in the past but never any striking and boxing has always intrigued me.

Gymbox sounds interesting.

if its for fitness then maybe focus on a place like Gymbox , it has good cardio machines , good weights Gym, BJJ and MMA classes and also has a boxing ring , bags , and some first class PT's. Errol Christie works their and he would be a good place to start if it boxing you are afte. Then maybe mix a few sessions in a a fight gym where you can work more technique and movement but if you explain what you want they will help you out.
    I train at Gymbox bank in the morning and I use the cardio and weights but sometime i do the heavy bag for a while... its a good place to go and works well with other gyms I train at...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Scratch View Post
    Ok fella thanks for that. Just googled them, looks good but I can't see anything on the site about their pricing. Just an invitation to visit the gym for a look around. That usually means you'll be given a sales pitch before they hit you with a contract. A little too commercial for me.

I only train at gyms that have their pricing in plain English on their website. Thanks anyway mate.

Anyone else?
    Fair enough - they won't give you a sales pitch etc and are fairly old school in their approach. A few pros train there and the coaches are very good and friendly. It's not very commercial at all - Gymbox is moreso . . . however I now train at Gymbox, and can definately recommend it. It's around the same price and you get far more classes. At Gymbox you don't get technique classes, cardio for boxing classes, beginners classes etc like the RFC - it a mix of everything. However you do get Thai Boxing and MMA as well and a very large weight/treadmill area . . . and a lot more birds.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

i trained at the real fight club and there are some good people there. Spencer and Winston (I think his name was) are both awesome. nice people training there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    i trained at the real fight club and there are some good people there. Spencer and Winston (I think his name was) are both awesome. nice people training there too.
    Spencer Fearon ? he is a promoter now I think