Thread: Carlson Gracie Judo

Default Carlson Gracie Judo

I'm interested in joining the Carlson Gracie gym for BJJ and Judo.

Hopefully you can help me with two questions:
    1. Who teach the Saturday Judo class?
    2. Do Judo students there register with the BJA so they can be promoted internally (and eventually externally) and compete in Judo competitions like a regular Judo club?

Thanks for your help,
    -Noodles.

Noodles- Judo is taught by DANNY MURPHY,who is also an instructor at the world famous Budokwai.

5th Dan Judo
    Purple Belt Brazilian Ju Jitsu
    3 x World Silver Medallist World (Masters)
    Gold Commonwealth Championships (Masters)
    Fdsc (Bath University) High Performance Coaching
    High Performance Judo Coach EJU level 4
    Half Blue Award Bath University
    NVQ Level 2 - Coaching Judo
    Qualified Personal Safety Adviser BJA
    Senior Club Coach Award

Yes you can join the BJA and grade under Danny up until 1st Dan where you would then fight for your belt at the Budokwai.,whether you would like to compete in judo is up to you,if you do you will find Danny atends a lot of comps so your coach would be there.The majority of our Judo students only compete in BJJ.

Dickie Martin is also a qualified BJA Judo coach and 2nd Dan BJA Black Belt.

Simon Hayes (me) is a 2nd Dan BJA Black Belt.

Danny is an excellent coach who really appreciates the close connection between Judo and BJJ. His Judo classes are as good as you'd expect from someone with the above credentials and his BJJ classes are also really quite special.

judo at Carlsons is pretty awesome.! Danny is a excellent coach.!! ooooooooooosssssssss
    Carlson Gracie BJJ Revolution Team London

Great stuff. Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll pop along next Friday for the basics class. See you guys in a week.