Thread: Mark 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' as your religion on the Census Form!!

Default Mark 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' as your religion on the Census Form!!

Stolen from EFN, For Fun, I will be putting 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' down as my religion on the Census Form will you?
    Proud to be sponsored by tatamifightwear.com

:-) I think the last time he census came out there was a similar campaign to use 'Jedi' by star wars fans

Might not be such a good idea.. Each time someone marks anything apart from 'None' it counts as a figure that is used allocate Religious based funding from the tax you pay out of your hard earned coffers.

I suppose if you are up for having more faith based schools which your kids won't be able to get into unless you pretend they are Jewish, Catholic or Muslim, it's worth it. Not for myself though.

nice balanced viewpoint, our local Catholic school has loads of non-catholic pupils!
    ''fren, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM.
    that is hequirement for purple
    purple belt dangerus man
    if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' Creonte

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    nice balanced viewpoint, our local Catholic school has loads of non-catholic pupils!
    Your school may well be the exception rather than the rule. The whole concept of faith schools is ridiculous. I fucking loathe them.

Is there any difference between marking BJJ instead of Atheist/Agnostic? No funding is being given to Richard Dawkins! No christian/jew/muslim/hindu etc... is going to be marking BJJ instead.

Can't see how marking BJJ would make any difference.

I put down Muslim, as I feel I am drawn to Mecca.

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    Is there any difference between marking BJJ instead of Atheist/Agnostic? No funding is being given to Richard Dawkins! No christian/jew/muslim/hindu etc... is going to be marking BJJ instead.

Can't see how marking BJJ would make any difference.
    I think the argument is that the 'faith' lobby can then say "only 10% of people marked 'no religion', more culturally divisive schools are clearly needed!"

Well that argument hasn't seen any Jedi based schools as far as I can tell. The 'faith' lobby will always get funding because politicians are scared of their influence and being accused being 'anti-insertwhingingreligionhere'.