http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/1...s-strikeforce/

Fucks sake!

any way to get fedor under ufc contract lol
    pro wrestling is real, ppl are fake

Wow!Bet they still don't get Fedor!

Wonder how long it will take them to shut it down

^ this! 10 char
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

I doubt very much that they will shut it down. They will use it as a lower division event. Somewhere for guys who are cut from the UFC but are still exciting and sell tickets to go and for up and coming guys to move up to the UFC.

I think Zuffa are looking to create divisions with UFC being the Premier League and Strikeforce being the First Division.

It really wouldn't surprise me for then to create a Third Division possibly on a county by country basis.

The WEC was created and I think ZUFFA made a mistake shutting it down and maybe that is why the bought SF?

LMFAO! The Anti-Zuffa Zombies must be crying!

I don't think they can shut it down because it will leave UFC with an even bigger roster meaning they'd need to put shows on atleast every 2 weeks or cut a hell of a lot of fighters. I don't know it must have been a good enough offer for SF to accept because I didn't want to see this happen. First Pride, then WEC, now SF.. Whats next?.. CW lol.
    Taking this shit, one day at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightshop.Com View Post
    I doubt very much that they will shut it down. They will use it as a lower division event. Somewhere for guys who are cut from the UFC but are still exciting and sell tickets to go and for up and coming guys to move up to the UFC.

I think Zuffa are looking to create divisions with UFC being the Premier League and Strikeforce being the First Division.

It really wouldn't surprise me for then to create a Third Division possibly on a county by country basis.
    Firstly, thanks for the breaking news

I'm gutted tbh , i think SF had put together some really good cards and only the other day started a thread on how good the 9th April card looked. I seriously worry for some of the talent that has pissed Dana/UFC off in the past, Diaz, Daley, Fedor, Hendo etc.

With this purchase i think it was a massive mistake to merge the WEC, what would have made more sense would have been to have kept the WEC at <155lbs and added the SF womens division and smaller guys to this, taking the best of the >155lb fighters and adding to the UFC roster.

However, what i ACTUALLY think has been done is this....

Quote Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
    Wonder how long it will take them to shut it down
    sadly, probably the real reason for purchase was shutting them down just to eliminate the competition

WAR fucking Bellator that's all i have to say, make the most of it, it'll be Zuffa owned by 2012! I am not in any way shape or form anti Zuffa, i just feel that competition breeds a far better product!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'