Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phuket...Booked it, packed, fucked off!!!

How easy is it to jump on a plane from Bangkok to Phuket? They like buses then?

Spent all my time so far looking at Heathrow/Manchester to Phuket via deifferent places. I'll spend some time looking at the one night in Bangkok option...sounds like a film!!!

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

8 flights to bangkok on the 19th november 1572baht each with airasia. then you will have nok air, bangkok airways and prob some others running that day.

or you can actually bus it for about 1000baht but it takes 12 hours

Or get the train down to where you get the boat to Ko Samui and get a bus the Phuket.

But all this is a big hassle. Flights very regular for 30. Fly to BKK get a nice hotel for about 20 and go and get a soapy massage. You will thank me.

I'll spend some time looking at the one night in Bangkok option...sounds like a film!!!

funny videos

Quote Originally Posted by stapesmk1 View Post
    How easy is it to jump on a plane from Bangkok to Phuket? They like buses then?

Spent all my time so far looking at Heathrow/Manchester to Phuket via deifferent places. I'll spend some time looking at the one night in Bangkok option...sounds like a film!!!

Stapes
    The only time you will struggle to get a flight from Bangkok to Phuket is during the public holidays like the King's birthday, Queen's birthday, Songkran etc but since your dates dont collide with those - you'll be fine. Like Shaun says, there are like 8 flights to Phuket from Bangkok and that's just with one carrier.

A lot of people tend to go from home straight to destination but to be honest, you could save about 200 sourcing the domestic flights yourself.

When you get the call these guys and they'll pick you up from the hotel and drop you back off for your flight. Everyone there is really polite - and it's only 1500THB a night. Pay when you get there in cash.

They'll meet you at the taxi drop off point on the... 3rd (?) floor in either a Toyota Camry of a people's carrier. Their English is so-so and they will ask you for a description of what you're wearing so they know what you look like.

http://www.grandpinnacle.co.th

Dont forget to go to the restaurant a few doors down!

Oh and buy a Thai sim card for a couple quid from a Seven Eleven - it costs next to nothing to text home and since you're gonna be out there for a few weeks, it's easier to organise to meet new friends. You can buy phone cards from Moma's Forest Bungalows Restaurant near Tiger Muay Thai.
    Last edited by Xanthic; 23-03-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

Cheers everyone. To be honest Im really not feeling Bangkok. Its never really appealed to me and even less so in the last 12 months. Im sure its got some great places to go but Im just not into it right now. Im a simple soul and if Im travelling half way round the world on economy flights I just want to get to my destination asap and chill for a day or two. I wanna be ready to rock and roll on the Monday morning so want to be in my accomodation Saturday night.

Im planning on going to Bangkok in later trips. For now Ill give it a swerve. Theres some great deals well within my budget, so Im all good. Flights to BKK 541 return, one night hotel 20-30, whatever Id spend while in BKK, BKK to Phuket 35 return...Im happy to pay 636 and save the extra time and energy. I can always go visit BKK during the month Im there if the urge takes me.

Cheers guys

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

i normally skip bangkok and take my flights joint to phuket aswell. so i dont blame you. the flight is pretty draining first time around as ill doubt you will sleep well

once you have been to thailand you will return, everyone does! so bangkok can be done another time

I pretty much did that the first time I went. Got to Bangkok, stayed a night to catch up on sleep then straight to Phuket without going to see anything.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

I am there in November and beginning of december. Just a holiday though not training.

Enjoy your trip.

LL