Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phuket...Booked it, packed, fucked off!!!

i wouldnt go the hong kong route, its long and shitty. better taking direct to bangkok and flying from there or getting it as a package to bangkok then phuket IMO

ive used emirates twice and was happy both times, first time was about 450, second time 550

I flew with Etihad both times and paid no more than 600. Both times stopping at Abu Dhabi after 6 hours, then another 6 hours to Bangkok. No complaints whatsoever.

It would be miles cheaper to fly from Manchester to Bangkok then book a separate domestic flight at the desk to go to Phuket. Miles cheaper. I think the average flight to Phuket is like 20 domestic if you book in Thailand.

I think Air Asia are quite expensive - they're the premium carrier in Thailand so stay away from them.

Stay a night in Bangkok and make your way to Lumpinee Park just to walk around and chill.

If you need a hotel to stay in whilst in Bangkok, I know a place which will give you free transfers to and from the airport, aircon, TV, WiFi, free breakfast, out of the way of tourists, Seven/Eleven down the road and a local restaurant 2 doors down which is visited exclusively by Thais so the food is awesome and dirt cheap. 20-25 for the night.

If you need something to chill you out in Thailand smoke wise, get onto me on Facebook, Stapes.
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

air asia are dirt cheap, nok air aswell

Cheers guys. Im struggling trying to find a BKK to Phuket flight which fits with when I would land in BKK from London or Manchester.

Ive budgetted quite a bit for it, so anything under 750 is ok. I'll get more savvy the more I go Im sure. Currently looking at 564 Heathrow to Phuket with Dial-a-flight. Also Hong Kong and Doha routes with ebookers, STA travel or Southall is 626-636.

I take it the stopover in Hong Kong, Doha or Kuala Lumpar involves getting off one plane and onto another or back onto same one? I mean, I won't have to fanny around with anything other than my hand luggage?

Again, thanks very much guys.

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun.R. View Post
    air asia are dirt cheap, nok air aswell
    So which one is the expensive one? Bangkok Airways? One of them proper screwed me over for like 60 one way.

Quote Originally Posted by stapesmk1 View Post
    Cheers guys. Im struggling trying to find a BKK to Phuket flight which fits with when I would land in BKK from London or Manchester.
    Book it when you get there at the desk rather than online. Chill for a night in Bangkok and take in what's around you. I regret not spending more time in Bangkok to be honest. Once you get to Phuket you'll get lost in all the holidaying lifestyle that everybody leads. In Bangkok on your own, take the Skytrain to a place and just walk around.

Ive budgetted quite a bit for it, so anything under 750 is ok. I'll get more savvy the more I go Im sure. Currently looking at 564 Heathrow to Phuket with Dial-a-flight. Also Hong Kong and Doha routes with ebookers, STA travel or Southall is 626-636.
    Check your stopover times. A lot of the prices quoted which are low involve you stopping over in another country for 10 hours (as I found out in 2009).

I take it the stopover in Hong Kong, Doha or Kuala Lumpar involves getting off one plane and onto another or back onto same one? I mean, I won't have to fanny around with anything other than my hand luggage.
    Stopovers generally mean you change aircraft. At least I did. You just spend a couple to a few hours wandering around the airport and trying to find your terminal

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    So which one is the expensive one? Bangkok Airways? One of them proper screwed me over for like 60 one way.
    yer bagkok airways isnt cheap atall, it was most likely them

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Is right. Long stop overs suck. Airports are shit and a massive rip off.

Get to BKK as cheap and as quick as possible. Book yourself a flight to Phuket on Air Asia and go out and do the town. Na Na Plaza or Soi Cowboy will see you right for a night not to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    Stopovers generally mean you change aircraft. At least I did. You just spend a couple to a few hours wandering around the airport and trying to find your terminal
    had this bad in hong kong, had to get a bus to get to the terminal, place is massive and confusing as fuck! i had about hour and half to find it and got there just in time to board!