Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Degale Vs Groove is on!

Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    Fucking yes!!!!!!!!!!
    My thoughts exactlly, first time ive jumped out my chair in a while lol ( i havent got sky and dont get to watch nearly as much fighting as i would like) but i managed it last night.........i must admit a thought De Gale was going to win but wanted Groves to win! So well happy with that!

De Gale needs to keep his mouth shut in future hahaha.......though i still think De Gale will go further in his career and this loss is better for him than the win.

purely from an unbiased point of view, I think De Gale won that fight. Was suprised to see 2 judges award it to Groves. At worst I think it was a Draw.

I think they should have a re-match but I think that Adam Booth will avoid this like the plague! as they have nothing to gain from it

I was watching it with my mates, and we were a bit drunk, chatting away and stuff so I couldn't really give any strong thoughts on it, but we were all surprised that Groves got the win. Read the punch count after, and it said that Groves did throw more, and land more punches though.

DeGale seems a bit smug, so I was happy to see Groves win, and my mate won 50 on Groves by Decision so we were all pretty pleased anyway. Can't be bothered watching it again to form a better opinion on the rightful winner lol
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

i think Groves deserved the win, he worked harder and beat Degale, though it was very close.....i think that Groves worked extra hard to win while De Gale was to over confident and didnt work hard enough early on as he thought he was going to walk it.....if a rematch does happen we will see a much better De Gale and i think he will win.

Get in there, Groves deserved that. i had him winning by 2 rounds. lol at DeGale, betting his purse, celebrating when the announcer declared ...and still unbeaten.... funny as fuck. hope hes man enough to hand over his purse.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paralyser View Post
    lol at DeGale, betting his purse, celebrating when the announcer declared ...and still unbeaten.... funny as fuck. hope hes man enough to hand over his purse.
    did he celebrate? bwahaha tough life. so happy for Groves, should buy a car with the extra cash he won in the bet and drive round to see DeGale and gloat. i usually love trash talkers, even when they say terrible things, but DeGale came across as distinctly unlikeable to me. hope he treats this as a valuable lesson.
    'maybe on reflection that was a genuine grievance and not a gimmick. '

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    did he celebrate? bwahaha tough life. so happy for Groves, should buy a car with the extra cash he won in the bet and drive round to see DeGale and gloat. i usually love trash talkers, even when they say terrible things, but DeGale came across as distinctly unlikeable to me. hope he treats this as a valuable lesson.
    LOL....but Groves manager or someone in the Groves team said to camera,,,,,Forget about the bet DeGale....dont know if they were being sincere or letting the public know there was a bet haha.

i thought the bet got cancelled because thr BBBoC got involved?

I expected De Gale to win and i didn't score it but could tell it was close. No need for immediate rematches or anything....... just let them travel their paths and they will no doubt fight again but hopefully this time for a world crown.

I had to laugh at Frank Warren after the fight talking about how James didn't throw enough uppercuts and that Groves was open for it all night long.
    Strategy can subsitute for talent, but talent will never subsitute for strategy.

"Sometimes hype just isn't enough" Jens Pulver

I bet money on De Gale but Groves was superb. It's probably the closest match I have seen and could be argued either way but Groves was tactically a lot better and really picked away over the rounds.