Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying things wnen out running

Default Annoying things wnen out running

Am I the only person who gets pissed off when people stop me for directions when I'm out running. Just because it's 8.00 on a Sunday morning and there's no -one else about, it doesn't mean I'm a living breathing A to Z. Furthermore, I am timing myself. And if I'm not timing myself, I am going to be controlling breathing or heart rate and I don't want my rhythm disrupted. Don't people get it. If you're running, you're running for a reason and that reason may be compromised if you stop and chat.
    Last edited by Shaolin Exile; 20-03-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Simple answer is, don't stop.

Penis.

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. It depends on how public spirited I feel at the time
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

I run most mornings and have never had anyone ask me for directions, surely it can't happen too often lol, saying this I did have a bloke stop me by the river once to tell me how swans could soon become extinct?! I can see where you're coming from, it's hard to ignore them as you don't know what they want/there's a slight chance it could be something serious (you'd think it would be if they were stopping you mid run)

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Simple answer is, don't stop.

Penis.
    That's a bit harsh isn't it. Easy to namecall over the net

Quote Originally Posted by Ian23 View Post
    I run most mornings and have never had anyone ask me for directions, surely it can't happen too often lol, saying this I did have a bloke stop me by the river once to tell me how swans could soon become extinct?! I can see where you're coming from, it's hard to ignore them as you don't know what they want/there's a slight chance it could be something serious (you'd think it would be if they were stopping you mid run)
    It doesn't happen that often. About 4 or 5 times in the last 18 months -two years. It's always early on a Sunday morning. And I usually stop for the exact reason you say. I once told someone that if they wanted to talk to me they'd have to drive alongside me while I ran. This morning is the only time I blanked someone for the precise reason I'm on the verge of recovering my formal level of fitness after being diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease (not as serious as it sounds. It just means that your liver has started to store fat instead of burn it) and timing my run is quite important to me right now as a way of monitoring my progress as I regain my fitness.

The one that really pissed me off (about a year ago) was the one I stopped for who then proceeded to argue with me about the directions I was giving him. I explained to him , that he might be right about going back to the motorway, but the only way I knew which would definitely get him to the righ place was the way I's just told him

i once had a lady of the alcoholic variety stop me and try to demand twenty pence towards the next can of special brew,needless to say i didnt the money on me !!

groups of kids that think its hilarious to say "Run forrest" when they see you running, it was never funny even when the film came out and it was an original thing to say. 10-15 years later it still is not funny. I hope these people get AIDS....

As for people trying to stop me to ask directions or tell me about the swan population, they can fuck right off, i dont even stop to cross roads, just slow slightly, so they've got no chance.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies

Quote Originally Posted by ross90 View Post
    groups of kids that think its hilarious to say "Run forrest" when they see you running, it was never funny even when the film came out and it was an original thing to say. 10-15 years later it still is not funny. I hope these people get AIDS....fuckin prats

As for people trying to stop me to ask directions or tell me about the swan population, they can fuck right off, i dont even stop to cross roads, so they've got no chance.
    This is why I wear headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    This is why I wear headphones.
    Yeah Ive got headphones on usually bro, but somehow every once in a while, it will be between songs when it happens.
    How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies