Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annoying things wnen out running

the fact that I'm out running
    "You can't have that, you're far to fat"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy peas please View Post
    One well spoken chap who must have been as dense as a castle wall had the cheek to mutter to his wife that "He should be on the road" when I had to dodge his dog which was off the lead. That really made my piss boil.
    Nothing to do with running but back around 1982 I was cycling to work in the dark when morning and as I passed a park a dog ran out of the park at me and almost knocked me off my bike. The owner said "Sorry mate, but it's because you've got that reflective stuff on" which sounded a bit to me like he thought it was my fault because of what I was wearing and not his fault for not controlling his pet
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

I generally hate going for a run, I still do it, just hate it. I also hate the associated being in public and having to put up with people. Bastards
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

Some interesting posts, I was a bit worried that I wasjust being terribly intolerant and not looking at it from other people's points of view. In future I won't feel quite so guilty if carry on because I feel it will balls up my run if I stop
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

maybe you could write out the link to this thread on a few pieces of paper and hand one to people who try to interfere with your running?

for me its the actual running. i hate it. lways have done
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    maybe you could write out the link to this thread on a few pieces of paper and hand one to people who try to interfere with your running?
    LOL. I might just do that; or perhaps choose a few favourite soundbites from it and have some T shirts printed up

I'm surprised at the number of peopel who hate running; although I'm quite lucky where I live because although it's not exactly rural, there is quite a lot of farmland, the back of a park and reservoir and a few school playingfields on my usual route. Running around city centres must be a pain in the arse.

Worst time running was when some punks tried hitting me out of their car from behind, wasnt that they tried, was that i didnt have anything on myself to throw at the car.
    Dont run much these days, but doesnt matter, bought a treadmill this year, so fun running infront of the tv with the tunes blaring out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette5ft View Post
    LOL... I know what you mean. Running is my time to think & clear my mind of any stress, so it totally pisses me off. I will stop sometimes if people have children with them, otherwise just sprint fast and away. It helps to find a running trail or track if you have one near your place.
    Unfortunately not; I live in the city centre, so the only time I see any sort of greenery is when I go to a park, which is innevitably full of either;

A) Little bastard kids, getting in my fucking way
    or
    B) Drunkards who won't leave me alone for change

Either way; it sucks balls