Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity show FAO: promoters and fighters

Default Charity show FAO: promoters and fighters

Hi,

some of you may remember that I was looking into the possibility of running a charity show late in the year with proceeds going to the edinburgh sick kids hospital

I am having a hard time raising the required funds

A friend of mine had an idea that might help me with the funding I need to put on the show, and also make for a good night for those who come along

run 3 semi pro tourneys, at different wieghts (say bw, lw, and ww), with each one sponsored by a promotion, due to the fact that its for charity I wouldnt be able to pay a cash prize

so he suggested a prize with a difference... a pro debut on the promoter in questions card.

so if for example "promoter A" sponsor a 4 man lightweight tourney, "john smith" wins, his pro debut is on the first "promoter A" card after the show

would there be any promoters out there who would be willing to sponsor the show, and would fighters be interested in taking part?

please bear in mind EVERY PENNY will go to The Edinburgh Sick Kids Hospital
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge

On Top will b happy 2 help out m8! ;-)
    www.ontoppromotions.co.uk

awesome!

thank you very much mate

anyone else?

Good cause, hope it goes ahead. 1 problem I see though is finding 12 fighters at that stage ready to turn pro after their next fight. Only my opinion and I may be wrong. Are you any further with things?

Definitely happy to help out mate, agreed with there possibly being some logistical problems potentially, but if all comes together fine, count us in.
    SFC - www.fightchallenge.net

Darren Sherlock from fight Ikon ran a charity show last year, hes "sherlock" on here, u could try him for advice?
    Neil Laird Pro 77kg 2-2 @definitelyneil

Fight Ikon will be happy to sponsor a bout in this way, if feasable with my shows being in NW England? We've had many Scotish fighters on before, 3 on the last card.

now that I have 3 promotions on board, I'll get the ball rolling

@ sherlock and on top can you om me your email addresses please, i already have one for SFC

I'm thinking I might change the winners prize to a pro debut on the promotion in question, when the fighter is ready to go pro, that way it will be more feasible, thoughts?

What if fighter decides never to fight again?

What are you needing funds for to get ball rolling? As I think getting the venue should be the only main cost as most other costs would be minimised due to alot of people willing to help out with it all going to charity.

So if u only need the funds to secure a venue maybe look into sponsorship first to get u that venue or pay for venue yourself with the view into reclaiming it from ticket sales? Just a thought.
    Urban Disturbance Fight Team
    Black Devils Thai Boxing
    Anarchy MMA

20ft Cage Hire available(See website or PM for details)
    www.urbandisturbancefife.com

if the fighter decides never to fight again then they would of course not claim thier prize, kinda like if you win a bottle of wine in a raffle and dont drink, you dont claim the prize

in terms of paying for the venue, I'm hoping to secure severe discounts, or even free, since its for charity

but havnt got that far yet, I'm scouting venues and finding out costs from them so I can work out how much i need to raise, hopefully be able to get enough financial support to pay for that

then from there I will be looking for fighters

I'm thinking that I might using b class pro rules (headshots on the ground, no elbows to the head) and 8oz gloves, what are peoples thoughts on this?

also what wieghts would people like to see, I'm thinking feather, light and welter, but open to feedback