Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Grappling Challenge II 20th March 2011 Results

Suppose if you know beforehand as a spectator there might not be a final you cant complain.
    Still really dont get how you can be called the winner though if there is not a contested final.

Quote Originally Posted by cosworth View Post
    hey folks, i had to leave before the absolute comp finished and as such couldnt buy a cd of the photos. i have emailled the address on the business cards that were left lying around, but haven't got a reply yet. anyone got any ideas how/where i can get hold of the photos?
    thanks.
    Pm "The Real MMA Show" Robb Wallace was the guy doing the photos. He'll sort you out.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

With regard to the rock paper scissors BS that people have been posting, who actually cares that much. I got stung twice haha, I train and coach big allan so I think it impacts the team negatively competing against each other and tbh its wot happens in the bjj circuits all the time, so we rock paper scissored our final, epic I went one up then he come back with a viscious scissor and then wrapped my rock up in a sweet paper manouvere. As 4 the absolute I paper scissored it with my bro I get to smash the wee cunt every day of his life in private so no biggy there then for the 3rd place I gave it to the wee dude from cougars gym 17-18 year old who I was very impressed with throughout the whole day, hes one to watch out for!!! And i thought it was a nice touch for him to show every1 he done very well in his comp with a couple of medals.
    I had a good day, think people concentrate on the medals to much I got to roll with some good opposition amro, manga and laird and others in my opinion thats better than walking away with a medal.

And besides Ive got hunners of them anyway haha.

Cheers for the day Rob very well done and ran look forward to the next 1.

Manga the bjj black belt over at team unity?
    How did that go?

Have you thought bout moving the event around Scotland Rob? Say 1 in North, South, East and West of Scotland?
    Just an idea as may encourage other teams from further afield to try it out and get involved?
    Realise it is more work trying to organise venues but once they have been sourced and secured they could be used year on year.
    Urban Disturbance Fight Team
    Black Devils Thai Boxing
    Anarchy MMA

20ft Cage Hire available(See website or PM for details)
    www.urbandisturbancefife.com

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDisturbance View Post
    Have you thought bout moving the event around Scotland Rob? Say 1 in North, South, East and West of Scotland?
    Just an idea as may encourage other teams from further afield to try it out and get involved?
    Realise it is more work trying to organise venues but once they have been sourced and secured they could be used year on year.
    And to a saturday???
    Silverbacks MMA

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    And to a saturday???
    Cause your a pisshead????? ;-)
    Black Devils Thai Boxing
    Anarchy MMA

I have mate, the hard part is getting the mats TBH. That was the plan. It's easy enough to get a venue, just the mats.
    I don't think places like Aberdeen or places further south of Kilmarnock would be busy enough, I could get the Meadow Bank Arena but Grab and Pull are doing a NoGi tournament there, Meat is looking to do one in Glasgow later in the year and I was speaking to the guys from BOA who are running another one this year. I also try not to step on anyone's toes.
    I want to move it about but I'll maybe do another couple at the current venue, then hopefully need a bigger venue anyway.

Cause your a pisshead????? ;-)
    True....................

Didn't think bout mats. I see what u mean as would really need venues like the Judo hall that already has mats.
    There is a fairly large judo hall that is fully matted in Glenrothes but it ain't spectator friendly as no seating and poor parking.

Know what u mean bout stepping on toes as well. 1 of the reasons our next event is taking so long to organise.
    Black Devils Thai Boxing
    Anarchy MMA