Thread: BJJ/Muay Thai near Dundee?

Hybrid View

Default BJJ/Muay Thai near Dundee?

Alright folks, first time posting.

I have been doing Judo for many years in my native Edinburgh, recently moved to Dundee (I know, i was forced into it :P). The martial arts community here seems not too bad, some decent judo clubs, but I couldn't find any up to date info on the site however.

Basically I'm looking to develop some ground game and striking, and I favour BJJ and Muay Thai. Doesn't need to be anywhere fancy, I have no problem with small or local clubs as long as the guys are sound and the instructors know their shit. Anyone know of any reputable clubs that either train these specifically BJJ/Muay Thai or train MMA well?

Thanks in advance.
    I know of a few clubs, but not of their reputation or quality.
    Last edited by Jonnie; 22-03-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: i

Your best bet is Shooters, few of my mates train there and nothing but good feedback!

As for Thai, i dont think there is any in Dundee, nothing in Perth either - pretty sure theres a couple Thai based gyms/clubs in Fife though including Highlanders Gym in Cowdenbeath. Got a flyer for that one somewhere if you need the details!

Cheers for the reply. I know of Shooters but they have nothing saying they teach BJJ, I guess my best bet is going down and asking.

On the Highlanders Gym, does it say anything about the instructors? Names or credentials?

bjj - check this post! http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/s...bs-in-Scotland

highlanders gym - no instructors mentioned on flyer, contact number is kenny 07922 546 850 so no harm in giving them a call!

TNT are in dundee and do thai im sure, Rasmus on here would be able to help you

If your willing to cross the tay, there is urban disturbance in glenrothes, we have thai and grappling classes

www.urbandisturbancefife.com
    Stuart Baxter - Contributing writer - The Fight Lounge