Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UCMMA Heavy Weight Title a joke?

Just noticed this gem.

How did they work out these rankings?

I understand Grove cannot be in there as he is signed elsewhere but Stav got a draw with Grove then went away and beat Sapp, in the meantime , A guy he beat, A Guy who is 4-1 and a guy who has only fought one top HW(Rob Broughton and lost) have been placed above him? And Ben Smith should never have been champ in the first place because he hasnt fought any of the top guys either.

UCMMA
    Heavyweight:
    1, Oli Thompson - Champion
    2, Ben Smith
    3, Mark Potter
    4, Marcin Bartkiewicz
    5, Stav Economu

The world is laughing at us ,thats all im saying.

They do not see this and think , "oh thats just one promotion out of the 20 in the UK" They say" Thats the best they got, UK MMA sucks"

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

My opinion Stav should get it no doubt in my mind.

To be honest I have not noticed you griefing other promotions if you do then fair play, however I have not saw this
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

regardless of the rankings which to be fair are UCMMA ranking. most people wouldnt go by them and would look at yourmmatv, but as i said reagrdless of the ranking Potter would eb a great choice. He is 4-1, his lose was a one very impressive performance but he was DQd with a soccer kick to the head. He has looked amazing so far in his mma career. I think if these guys fought i would 100 % want to see the fight.

You seem to think that the UCMMA title should represent the some kind of who's who of UK MMA.

They are happy with the fighters on their books and are happy to let them scrap it out for the title. What the fuck has it got to do with you or anyone else who fights for the title on their show. I think by putting up a poll of the available fighters and asking who you fancy is a good thing to do. They weren't asking for a list of other HW fighters who you think maybe more suitable but not signed to the show.

I'd like to see Shane Carwin challange Oli but it won't make it so.

You are once again just making up a reason to have a go at the most sucessful MMA show in the UK.

As Dave would say. Jog on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    You seem to think that the UCMMA title should represent the some kind of who's who of UK MMA.

They are happy with the fighters on their books and are happy to let them scrap it out for the title. What the fuck has it got to do with you or anyone else who fights for the title on their show. I think by putting up a poll of the available fighters and asking who you fancy is a good thing to do. They weren't asking for a list of other HW fighters who you think maybe more suitable but not signed to the show.

I'd like to see Shane Carwin challange Oli but it won't make it so.

You are once again just making up a reason to have a go at the most sucessful MMA show in the UK.

As Dave would say. Jog on.
    So that list represents the only HW available to UCMMA? really? I smell bullshit!
    I hope some of the H/W's that are available see this and expose your lies.

What you are saying then is that UCMMA is not a promotion interested in finding out who is the best fighter, they only want to show "Cage Fighting" and not "Competative MMA"

Is that correct?

Isnt the vote thing an idea they copied from BAMMA?

This is a public forum, I am a consumer of the product UCMMA and have the right to express my oppinions of the product in the interests of improving future consumption.

You are just an arse kisser.

To be fair to UCMMA, the HW (and LHW) division isn't exactly talent rich
    http://mmamail.com/uk/rankings/heavyweight/

Sorry if that upsets any big lads, as i wouldn't want you crushing me, but it's kinda the truth

I don't think you can just grab any hw in the uk and give him a shot at Oli when there are hw's fighting on UCMMA regularly that deserve a shot!
    Yes Stav is a great fighter and deserves a shot but potter has proven he's a contender and is already on the books. Maybe if Stav fights on UCMMA he will get the shot but until then either potter or ben smith should get the fight.
    http://www.jaymeanstreakmortimore.com/index.php www.lionsdenuk.co.

Sledge we r so far booked in advance
    N so many tickets sold we just put a poll
    Up to see what bean head bite !!!

Ps jog the fuck on

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    So that list represents the only HW available to UCMMA? really? I smell bullshit!
    I hope some of the H/W's that are available see this and expose your lies.

What you are saying then is that UCMMA is not a promotion interested in finding out who is the best fighter, they only want to show "Cage Fighting" and not "Competative MMA"

Is that correct?

This is a public forum, I am a consumer of the product UCMMA and have the right to express my oppinions of the product in the interests of improving future consumption.

You are just an arse kisser.
    You are such an antagonistic prick it is simply off the scale.

Of course UCMMA has more than those fighters available. They could bring in a big name like Ricco Rodriguez for example and promise to pay them loads of money and then only pay them half the promised purse after the fight. I suppose that would be a better solution for you?

UCMMA could approach any HW in the country but that list comprises of HWs who have fought for the show recently and in the promoters eyes deserving of a shot because of their loyalty to the show. I also think Stav is deserving of a chance but he may have been signed to another show. I don't know.

UCMMA is commited to putting on great shows of competitive MMA. This doesn't mean they need to No1 fighter in each weight class to do this. The formula obviously works as they are the only promotion to be shown on Sky Sports and have a regular slot.

I believe people have been voting for centuries and if you want to talk about rip offs between BAMMA and UCMMA it is all one way traffic in the opposite direction. BAMMA would not even exist if they hadn't ripped off Dave.

You are just a hater who hasn't even got the sack to show your face so I'm sure if UCMMA need advice on improving the show you would be the last person they would come to.

I'm sticking up for my mate and one of the shows I work for with my own face. If that makes me an arse kisser then Dave had better bend over as I'm puckering up right now.

Why do you feel the need to spout this hate whilst hiding behind your screen?

Did you have an uncle called Dave who touched you as a child?

Quote Originally Posted by BakedBean View Post
    UFC did a poll to see who should fight Rich Franklin for the middleweight belt after he beat David Loiseau at UFC 58 and the fans chose Anderson Silva. That turned ok for them.....
    16-bit for life http://findingdyluck.blogspot.co.uk/