Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UCMMA Heavy Weight Title a joke?

How did you know about uncle Dave ?

Kianne Sabat (who i actually enjoy watching fight) fought once last year a month after Stav.

Anyway, you demonize me but you dont really understand what im trying to say here.

This is my ideal scenario:

We have a no1 UK MMA promotion on Sky TV regularly
    That promotion puts on a mixture of great fights.
    Those great fights are made up of the following:
    1)The odd freak show for the new fans
    2)Good ticket sellers
    3)Local fighters from the area of the show
    4)Good out of contract international fighters
    5)Competitive UK MMA matchups so we can find out who the best is domestically at each weight and watch it on Sky.

I also would like a non hostile crowd when I go to the show.

In return ill be a loyal fan who buys T shirts/tickets magazines ect...

I admit that this is allot to ask but I have a right to ask for it as I have before and will again give UCMMA my money.

They are the ones with the Sky deal so Im telling them as a customer what I do and do not want to see, they can listen or tell me to jog on, Ill say it regardless.

As I have pointed out goodness knows how many times, I am nobody of recognizable significance if I posted my name , picture and home address you would say " who the fuck are you" because I am nobody but a paying customer and MMA fan.

If you think this is hate then you are ignorant.

I would answer what DOD said but I havent a clue what his post is supposed to mean.

Fair play sticking up for your mate but that is not what this is about, speak your own mind, dont bullshit because I will call you on it and dont argue points when you are blatantly wrong just to win favor(thats arse kissing) .

Resident Hippy Mod CraigSt.Clair's Avatar

In fairness to UCMMA they are on Sky, put on good fights, put on fights amongst a LOT of the top talent on the domestic scene, did a shit load for UKMMA during the Cage Rage days and while personally I am not a massive fan of the 'cockney wideboy' thing there is no doubt it sells tickets so fair play.

I have never met Dave, nor am I likely to but I can say this: anyone who has been involved in the sport for this long is not simply here for the quick cash, he CLEARLY cares about the sport, from what people have said looks after his fighters (never heard any different) and puts on solid match ups.
    It is likely that UCMMA are using fighters already on their books as tbh they have already been pushed on Sky while fighters such as Stav (who I still think should get the shot) are likely only known by major MMA fans such as ourselves, it is likely if someone like Stav signed for UCMMA he would need a couple of fights to get on the radar as the crowd watching would then have invested the time needed to care about him fighting Oli.
    http://www.facebook.com/craig.st.clair666 ME

"That was how i got my first soapy titwank!
    Listening is cool and shit." BlackdogMMA

I'd llike to put Neil Wain in to the mix.
    Neil would fight Oli, Ben or Stav. He respects all 3 guys but wants to test himself again.
    Would make for some very exciting fights.

Paul

@Craig Stav fought Neil Grove for the UCMMA title and although I think your points are valid they obviously didnt seam to matter then.
    Also DOD achievements and contributions have never been questioned, they are perhaps second to none, in fact ive often remarked that I give him so much stick about these issues because I know he can deliver what im asking because he has done it previously.

@Paul I agree completely Neil is one of the guys I am referring to when I say "top 5 HW" or "The best we have"

Also with regards to the comment earlier about the talent pool, that is a dumb comment there are 6 UFC vets in MMAmails HW rankings , The problem is that they dont get to fight each other.
    Last edited by BakedBean; 30-03-2011 at 09:28 PM.

DoD and ucmma are in the entertainment business and I know you arent a customer because if you went to the last show you would be saying how much of an awesome night you had.
    Im not kissing arse because nobody at ucmma knows me really, but ive said this before, Dave doesnt owe everybody some sort or moral stance with his show and uk mma, if you dont like his product dont watch. I doubt you are a customer of his Post a pic next time you are inside the venue or infact the venue at any uk mma show

there are other shows out there that do things differently why dont you spend your time backing them instead of hating on ucmma. Cagewarriors just secured a tv deal and showcase some of the best up and coming euro and world talent around, Cage wars have ufc vets come over to fight local guys, BAMMA are bringing in some big names and showcasing uk guys, OMMAC showcase great talent new and old, Support a promotion instead of hating on one

UCMMA can put up what rankings they like, did you see the news that BAMMA have arguably the best middleweight outside of zuffa? Guess what there isnt a man around that can make that argument especially since he lost to Taylor, but its marketing, its a buzz its BUSINESS
    Last edited by sol_dave; 30-03-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben CQ View Post
    UFC did a poll to see who should fight Rich Franklin for the middleweight belt after he beat David Loiseau at UFC 58 and the fans chose Anderson Silva. That turned ok for them.....
    Stop using common sense and rational arguments on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    To be fair to UCMMA, the HW (and LHW) division isn't exactly talent rich
    http://mmamail.com/uk/rankings/heavyweight/

Sorry if that upsets any big lads, as i wouldn't want you crushing me, but it's kinda the truth
    whats going on at lhw

Quote Originally Posted by kainer2 View Post
    Stop using common sense and rational arguments on this forum
    hahaha that made me spit my tea so true

Quote Originally Posted by sol_dave View Post
    DoD and ucmma are in the entertainment business and I know you arent a customer because if you went to the last show you would be saying how much of an awesome night you had.
    Im not kissing arse because nobody at ucmma knows me really, but ive said this before, Dave doesnt owe everybody some sort or moral stance with his show and uk mma, if you dont like his product dont watch. I doubt you are a customer of his Post a pic next time you are inside the venue or infact the venue at any uk mma show

there are other shows out there that do things differently why dont you spend your time backing them instead of hating on ucmma. Cagewarriors just secured a tv deal and showcase some of the best up and coming euro and world talent around, Cage wars have ufc vets come over to fight local guys, BAMMA are bringing in some big names and showcasing uk guys, OMMAC showcase great talent new and old, Support a promotion instead of hating on one

UCMMA can put up what rankings they like, did you see the news that BAMMA have arguably the best middleweight outside of zuffa? Guess what there isnt a man around that can make that argument especially since he lost to Taylor, but its marketing, its a buzz its BUSINESS
    "I know you arent a customer because if you went to the last show you would be saying how much of an awesome night you had."

I have said on this thread twice that I believed the last show was awesome but I did not go, I have Sky it was on last night. But you didnt even read what I wrote before you decided to rant, What does that say about you and the value of what you have written?
    You dont "Know" shit.

"Dave doesnt owe everybody some sort or moral stance with his show and uk mma"

I know but if he says things like "good for the sport" but somethings done are not IMO then I will comment as a consumer/customer.

"there are other shows out there that do things differently why dont you spend your time backing them instead of hating on ucmma. Cagewarriors just secured a tv deal and showcase some of the best up and coming euro and world talent around, Cage wars have ufc vets come over to fight local guys, BAMMA are bringing in some big names and showcasing uk guys, OMMAC showcase great talent new and old, Support a promotion instead of hating on one"

I do support the others, But you are blind to that when I do.
    I wont comment on your speculation as to what shows I do and do not go to as your using your imagination to create reasons to make me wrong rather than facts which is weak.

"UCMMA can put up what rankings they like"

Indeed they can, as I can comment on what I like also.

"did you see the news that BAMMA have arguably the best middleweight outside of zuffa? Guess what there isnt a man around that can make that argument especially since he lost to Taylor,"

I agree. Whats that got to do with anything?
    Last edited by BakedBean; 31-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.

End of the day UCMMA run the show as they want it, take it or leave it. It works. It may not be the same as Cage Rage, and I must say I miss the old Cage Rage brand, but Ultimate Challenge has been growing on me so fair play to 'em.