Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaining Weight Tips

Default Gaining Weight Tips

hey, I'm only 15 but I was just wondering if anyone has a tips for gaining weight i'm about 5' 10" and 72kg is this an ok weight to be at the minute. I havnt had an mma fight yet but i have been doing kickboxing for sometime so i was thinking of possibly entering some am competitions. The reason I ask this is just really cause grappling with like a 90kg guy is painful D:
    Thanks
    Amatuer Kickboxer: 3-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    hey, I'm only 15 but I was just wondering if anyone has a tips for gaining weight i'm about 5' 10" and 72kg is this an ok weight to be at the minute. I havnt had an mma fight yet but i have been doing kickboxing for sometime so i was thinking of possibly entering some am competitions. The reason I ask this is just really cause grappling with like a 90kg guy is painful D:
    Thanks
    It might be painful, but as you can't beat them with strength, it will improve your technique. 72kg is by no means small and at 15 you've still got a lot of growing to do and will probably bulk up naturally. I wish I'd got into the sport at 15 (i'm now 28) . Good luck.

thanks! and yeah i'm really passionate about this sport :,)
    Amatuer Kickboxer: 3-0-0

If you're trying to bulk up its best to do a few short resistance sessions, just do it little but often, typical workout would be 5-10 mins of cardio, dont overdo the cardio, just do enough so that you break a good sweat, then dynamic stretches, then a few sets of lat pull downs/chest presses/pull ups/squats/dumbbell work etc. Try and just workout for about 30 mins, and have some protein afterwards, even if its just a glass of milk

Eat & Lift
    Sandbag Lifting and MMA S & C

mate to be completley honest im 17 and only weigh about 54 kg....its crap i know and im looking to gain weight too

Quote Originally Posted by BROCKENHURST2 View Post
    If you're trying to bulk up its best to do a few short resistance sessions, just do it little but often, typical workout would be 5-10 mins of cardio, dont overdo the cardio, just do enough so that you break a good sweat, then dynamic stretches, then a few sets of lat pull downs/chest presses/pull ups/squats/dumbbell work etc. Try and just workout for about 30 mins, and have some protein afterwards, even if its just a glass of milk
    try tabata training... it was developed by i think a japenese man you do it eight times and it comes to about 4 minutes all together aday..... if your arms and legs arnt falling off by the end off it...your not putting 190%..... google it 'tabata training'

Hey,
    If your looking to increase your muscle mass you need to combine weight lifting/resistance work with increased calories.

Try eating an extra 2 full meals per day or at least a high calorie snack. Chicken breast and egg sandwich anyone? Mid morning and mid afternoon are usually open slots in most peoples feeding schedule.
    You could try a shake type (weight gain/bulking) supplement if getting a meal in is too difficult for you.

You should have high testosterone at your age (or will do very soon) which will aid your muscular growth.

Tabata's will not be ideal for increasing muscle mass. You should progress your resistance training gradually towards focusing on major compound lifts, eg Bench press, (assisted) pull up, press (overhead), bent over row, squat and deadlift. Technique is very important when learning these lifts. Make sure you have someone who is appropriatly skilled to coach your technique.

Aim for a rep range of around 12-15 to begin with and work your to failiure within 6-12 reps over the space of a good few months. Aim for 3 sets of each of the major lifts (only do 2 each day eg deadlift and bench or squat and pull up etc) with at least a day of rest between training days.

After the 2 major (compound) exercises throw in up to 3 other exercises, (whatever you fancy doing on the day, make sure to mix it up) include at least 1 core/trunk exercise per session and at least 2 neck sessions per week for safety (dont do these immediatly before sparring/rolling etc).

That will give you a good base to work from for sure.

Any questions about this or anything else fitness related ask here or check out facebook for EDSfitness where il be uploading some cool stuff over the coming weeks.

ed

Default Eat!!

Need to be banging in more calories than your using over the day so if your working and training chance is to get big your guna have to nigh on double your calories nd amount of protein it's not always pretty weight like

Ask Gadisov went from wrestling at 84 to 96kg http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...89030759_n.jpg haha