Thread: 2012, end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    It's all absolute horse shite.

Dr Sledge
    Seconded

Professor Wallington
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

The December 2012 deadline has no scientific basis whatsoever (and in fact the Mayans never predicted anything would happen on that date, they just didn't make any more calendars to go after then so everyone just 'assumed' they meant it was the end of the world).

As for solar flares, they are very real. Every year there is damage done to technology on and around earth due to solar activity, including a few years back when satellites were downed over Canada and a few land-based technology instruments were also knocked out.

Whilst December 2012 has no meaning, January 2013 is precdicted to be a serious 'peak' time for solar activity, so we'll have to wait and see what happens there.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin

the solar flare thing is possible - they had similar on future weapons show as its an electromagnetic field thingy (mr physics here)

maybe the rest does sound a load of pish but theres never smoke with out fire!

I'm glad my learned brethren Prof Wallington and Londonpride PhD concur in the shite nature of this..... well... errr... shite

steve_langford

Eeerm so basically I should phone Lloyd tsb asap and cancel my 50000 loan, cancel my flights to the dam and beg for my job back? :-/

i dunno as if you look at the rapid increase in insaine weather around the planet over the last year or two like oz and japan it does kinda make u thnk what if them myans were onto sumthing with stopping the calander at that date why not finish the month and have a complete year?

on the other hand its probs all crap either way not much that can be done about it
    KETTERING SHOOTFIGHTERS, semi pro 1-1-0

Lol@ "why not finish the month.

they wouldn't have used the same months as us.
    They would have had no concept of "December"

Quote Originally Posted by steve_langford View Post
    A guy I work with is OBSESSED with the Mayan calendar, solar flares, the north pole switching with the south pole and just about anything that is going to cause the end of the world on 21-12-2012.
    Do any of you guys believe in this stuff? It's actually quite interesting when you look into it. Especially the 12th planet and Mayan calendar stuff.
    12th Planet? ...or 10th Planet? Or is that just Eddie Bravo. I'm confus. Not sure if they mean it'll be the end of the world, maybe just the end of the world "as we know it", if that makes sense.

I heard they just ran out of paper.
    Rob McCrum, Pro BW. www.bjjscotland.co.uk

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    12th Planet? ...or 10th Planet? Or is that just Eddie Bravo. I'm confus. Not sure if they mean it'll be the end of the world, maybe just the end of the world "as we know it", if that makes sense.
    Na, he defo goes on about a 12th planet.