Thread: thai visa

Default thai visa

Hi
    Iím going to Thailand in may and have found conflicting info re the visas. Iím a british citizen and will be entering Thailand via the Cambodia border. Iíll be staying for roughly 10 days and exiting via phuket airport.
    Some websites say i need a visa others say i donít. If possible iíd like to get it before i go but if needs be i can do it at the border. Any info on cost etc. Would also be helpful.
    thanks

You don't need a visa before you go.

If you fly in you get a VOA (Visa On Arrival) for 30 days. If you go in over land you get a VOA for 14 days. No charge.

FYI

The Thai Embassy may still be giving away 6 month tourist visas for free. Because of all the protests etc recently they are trying to attract tourism again so you can walk into any Thai embassy and get a 6 month visa free which is normally about £90.

Quote Originally Posted by BenA View Post
    Hi
    I’m going to Thailand in may and have found conflicting info re the visas. I’m a british citizen and will be entering Thailand via the Cambodia border. I’ll be staying for roughly 10 days and exiting via phuket airport.
    Some websites say i need a visa others say i don’t. If possible i’d like to get it before i go but if needs be i can do it at the border. Any info on cost etc. Would also be helpful.
    thanks
    Hi Ben,

If you want to stay longer than 30 days you need to apply for a 3 month tourist visa which you can get from the Royal Thai Consul in Liverpool for £28.

Crossing borders only give you a 30 day arrival visa, even if you're one day over they'll fine you (I dont know how much... I think 1000 baht per day).

Answer is - no you dont need a visa before you go. Unless you're planning on staying over a month. A visa run would cost you over £28 anyway.

Ste
    Coffee drinker, prefer Pepsi and I'm kind of a big deal.

yer you will be fine doing ten days over the border. they will give you a 14 day

thanks guys, one less one to worry about