Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With My Stance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Lambert View Post
    Hmm, Just thought about it, I stand with left food foward, but when id go for a takedown I feel like id push off my right ? Is this really bad ?

and I wana bulk up a little because im 18 and weight 8.5 stone :/
    Push off with your left... and being 18 and 8.5 stone is pretty light. Just eat loads of pasta, chicken and pesto, you'll be alright.

Hmm, Just thought about it, I stand with left food foward, but when id go for a takedown I feel like id push off my right ? Is this really bad ?

With a double-leg you should push off your back foot (like you would with a jab) to close the distance (ideally putting your front foot between your opponents two feet), but the power for the penetration of your takedown, once you've changed level, wants to come from your front leg (as you bring your rear leg forward).
    It's kind of hard to explain without showing it, but I'm sure there are some good videos around. Push off with back leg, penetrate with front leg.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail.

Just aim for the minimum weigh class limit in the UFC, if your mega-legit-super you'll be fine anyway

Don't let anyone tell you what stance you should be...Do u ask people which hand is it better to write with? If your right handed you wouldn't write with your left hand. I automatically felt comfy sparing with my left foot in front even though my strongest side is my right side. Technique will come through hard training and will make it feel more natural.

Did someone say......stance?

I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!

How tall are you though dude? Still got 3 years left to fill out anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Push off with your left... and being 18 and 8.5 stone is pretty light. Just eat loads of pasta, chicken and pesto, you'll be alright.
    mmm pesto and chicken.

the craine stance

As shown here by my friend Michelle, its pretty good, give you fast movements and helps you set up scissor kicks.

Also works a treat in nightclubs and wine bars if it ever goes off. A word of warning, dont wear slip on shoes as they are likely to come off when you perform a front kick and you dont want to spend 10 mins looking for your expensive loafers when you should be doing a runner home.

Michelle is right handed

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

ha! my sci-fi geek mate from work walked past and saw Frakes. Apparently, he's not popular in the treky community, said she didn't like his beard. i replied that he is valiant, has a manly beard and always has a robust response to danger (i actually said 'shields up, FIRE' in my office, nice little in-joke for me on my own there)
    Last edited by Jimmy Boogaloo; 06-04-2011 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    ha! my sci-fi geek mate from work walked past and saw Frakes. Apparently, he's not popular in the treky community, said she didn't like his beard. i replied that he is valiant, has a manly beard and always has a robust response to danger (i actually said 'shields up, FIRE' in my office, nice little in-joke for me on my own there)
    This proves that you are manly, and she is, well, womanly.

Order her to cease venting her warp plasma from her obtuse gub and embrace the manly beard lesT she feel the booT of Frakes from orbiT.
    I am number 1, because Picard says so.

Ask Frakes!

Do you know a Fridgeless Fail? Send them HERE!