Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gladiatorial combats affiliation with the British Wrestling Association

Default Gladiatorial combats affiliation with the British Wrestling Association

We are very proud to announce that we have now successfully affiliated with the BWA.This means we are now officially a wrestling team as well as MMA. anyone who wants to register with the BWA and compete in wrestling can do so through us.Anyone registered with us is entitled to train with the Sottish wrestling team.Sean Keogh is the teams head coach who has competed in the Commonwealth games and came second in the all American national championships whilst completing his scholarship.This is just to mention few of his achievements.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for MMA as we are affiliated with a recognised governing body of a Olympic sport.BWA is also part of FILA which is one of the worlds biggest grappling governing bodies.I would like to thank BWA for recognising us as a official wrestling club and giving us the oppertunity to be on board and hopefully progress MMA.

http://www.britishwrestling.org/club...le=Find+a+Club
    Gladiatorial Combat Legends Gym David "The Gladiator" Galbraith

Pro Fighter
    Allan "No" Love
    Dinky Ninja

Nice work.

I was hassling Malone to do this for the Griphouse but we haven't got round to it yet.

On the bigger picture I think that would be a great move.It raises both wrestling and MMA's profile in the country.Wrestling gets more wrestlers from MMA and MMA gets guys with a solid wrestling background.Not only that but both sports can learn from each other.More clubs joining means more healthy competition.Keep pestering him!lol. I think it's an all win situation.

Good stuff.

Good news for Scottish MMA, well done

Does wrestling clubs have interclub competition the same way Muay Thai does? For novice level guys obviously.

More Gyms should defo do this. It is a quick and easy form to fill out and your a registered club and can compete in compeittions and the like. Just for reference you don't need to be registered with BWA to train with Scottish team anyone is welcome and I think more people should hit up that training aswell.

Kieran, what time is the scottish team training on at? I know they train in the morning, but can't get there due to work, but what time are the evening sessions? I'd like to get along to some of them if I could.

Andy
    D Unit

Think every session starts at 7:30 now dude

Quote Originally Posted by bonzy View Post
    More Gyms should defo do this. It is a quick and easy form to fill out and your a registered club and can compete in competitions and the like. Just for reference you don't need to be registered with BWA to train with Scottish team anyone is welcome and I think more people should hit up that training aswell.
    Not quick and easy for me Kieron and if that was the case then I'm sure you would have done it??.A lot of hard work went into this and if anyone could fill out a form then why doesn't everyone do it?Totally negative comment.As far as I have been advised from a senior member of the bwa this is the case with regards to training.If anyone can trani why doesn't everyone do that also!