Thread: griffin vs shogun 2 @ ufc 134 in rio

bishop auckland

Default griffin vs shogun 2 @ ufc 134 in rio

A pair of former UFC light heavyweight champions will meet in Brazil, as Forrest Griffin (18-6 MMA, 9-4 UFC) and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5 MMA, 3-3 UFC) have agreed to fight in August.

Griffin and Rua meet on the main card of the previously announced "UFC: Rio" event, which is expected to serve as UFC 134 and takes place Aug. 27 at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro. ( has confirmed the booking, which was first reported by Brazilian-based outlets and

It was Griffin, of course, who welcomed Rua to the UFC in September 2007. Griffin scored an upset win over the former PRIDE champion with a third-round submission win at "UFC 76: Knockout." Rua would undergo knee surgery following the loss and remained sidelined for 16 months.

Rua bounced back with three wins in his next four outings, including a highly controversial decision loss to Lyoto Machida. Along the way, Rua picked up the UFC's 205-pound title, which he relinquished in March to fast-rising superstar Jon Jones.

Meanwhile, Griffin parlayed his win over Rua into a title shot against then-champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Griffin outpointed Jackson over 25 minutes and claimed the UFC title, which he subsequently lost to Rashad Evans at UFC 92. Griffin has compiled a 3-2 octagon record since his win over Rua.
    3-2-0 Pro Fighter managed by TFL Sports Agency

Cool, good fight. I hope Shogun is in peak condition for this one... his hot 'n' cold performances have been a big disappointment (for me anyway!)
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

Pro Fighter
    Chris Garry
    Frankley, Birmingham

I reckon Forrest will win this again, will be interested to see the bookmakers odds when they come out
    Dont be surprised when they quit; be surprised when they dont!!

Hope Forrest wins, not a big shogun fan

I hope Shogun smashes the fuck out Griffin. No problem with Griffin, but I just think Shogun is far superior (when fit).