Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Temeura View Post
    Stop at the end of season 2 and forget the rest exist. It is the same with 24, everyone should stop at the end of season 5.
    Yeah I think I will be doing just that. As for 24 I'm only at the end of 1 so plenty to go lol

Started Boardwalk last night. Thought it a little slow but I'll be giving it time!

Can't wait for the return of five-o, Blue Bloods and Thrones...such easy watching I need that lack of concentration haha.
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Five-O and Game of Thrones were eally quite fun but Blue Bloods just isn't for me. It is a shame as I am a big Donnie Whalberg fan.

I am a big Donnie Whalberg fan.
    Have you seen The Kill Point? ... its awesome!!!
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    Literally everyone I speak to about it tells me this!!! I'm halfway through season 2 and loving it so far
    Yep as already said, don't watch anything after season 2, it just went awful, yes you find out the sinister story arc by the end of season 4, but by that point, its so twisted from what the original story was its not even funny, the whole thing becomes awful, even with only about 4 episodes to go in season 4, me and the missus were talking about just giving up there and then as it was like pulling teeth watching it... amazing season 1, pretty good season 2, no idea what the hell they were thinking with the following 2...

Just finished The Shield - cracking show, not as good as The Wire but enjoyable and gritty. Oz is also one of the other better shows I have watched through over the last year or so... well worth a look that, lot of people in it from The Wire as well prior to them going on that.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

The Kill Point was good, had a few people from The Wire in it as well.

The Shield is great, it just got better every season. It could be really outlandish at times, but it also had some truly heartbreaking scenes in it. Some really good acting as well.

Oz is epic! Truly depressing but epic! I remember watching it as a teenager and it didn't disappoint on rewatching. To be ffair it did drag a little in seasons 5 & 6 but it was still good. It is quite fun seeing all loads of actors from The Wire turning up in Oz as well. Most of The Wire appeared in Oz at some point. I also think that if Christopher Meloni didn't take on Law & Order SVU, he would have been offered the McNulty role in The Wire.

Have you watched Homicide: Life on The Street? That is really good as well.

the walking dead season 2 October 16th, looks good from the trailer
    "CAGED STEEL WE SALUTE YOU"

The Kill Point was good, had a few people from The Wire in it as well.

The Shield is great, it just got better every season. It could be really outlandish at times, but it also had some truly heartbreaking scenes in it. Some really good acting as well.

Oz is epic! Truly depressing but epic! I remember watching it as a teenager and it didn't disappoint on rewatching. To be ffair it did drag a little in seasons 5 & 6 but it was still good. It is quite fun seeing all loads of actors from The Wire turning up in Oz as well. Most of The Wire appeared in Oz at some point. I also think that if Christopher Meloni didn't take on Law & Order SVU, he would have been offered the McNulty role in The Wire.

Have you watched Homicide: Life on The Street? That is really good as well.
    i have NEVER seen any of the above ... oh the shame

I think i watched the Homicide series a long time ago, is it old?
    "Just Scrap!"

Twitter '@DWedz'

That is shameful, except for SVU, which is pretty shit.

Homicide is quality. I think it ran from 93 - 99.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave78 View Post
    i have NEVER seen any of the above ... oh the shame

I think i watched the Homicide series a long time ago, is it old?
    Dude, watch The Shield, Oz and then The Wire in that order - do not deviate, I will know. I only put them in that order because Oz was done before Wire - so worth watching them per that order, The Shield I would say is not quite as good as The Wire but still excellent in its own right, so save the best til last in The Wire, McNulty is a legend...sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    Sig awaiting witty quote from someone.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Evzy is bang on the money. I´m only just watching The Wire now, maybe even better then the sopranos. Jimmy McNulty is a god.

Another vote for Breaking bad too. Also the new Sherlock Holmes with Benedict Cumberbatch is quality.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson