More great coverage for Cage Warriors, Warrior Promotions and the Dinky Ninjas

Fight Path: Aeronautical engineer Allan Love readies for Cage Warriors 41 headliner
by Kyle Nagel on Apr 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm ET

Disappointment over a videotape cover almost ended Allan Love's desire to pursue mixed martial arts in its earliest stages.

As a big professional-wrestling fan from a small town outside Glasgow, Scotland, Love picked up a UFC 3 tape because he saw Ken Shamrock on the cover.

He was a rugby and soccer player who was destined for an engineering job that judges aircraft performance, but at that point, he wanted to see one of his favorite wrestlers in full contact.

"Little did I know they didn't actually fight on the show, and I felt duped since they were on the cover squaring off," Love told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "My interest cooled until the whole Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz feud kicked off."

The then-teenager's interest grew into a burgeoning fighting career that began with a near brawl in his amateur debut and continues with pre- and post-work training at the nearby gym.

His next test comes on Sunday when the 7-2 Love faces Jack Mason (14-7) in the 185-pound main event of Cage Warriors 41 in London. Like others in the United Kingdom, Love said early participation in rugby helped him gain a toughness he now uses in his MMA career.
Read the rest at http://mmajunkie.com/news/23321/figh...-headliner.mma