Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJJ Newcastle?

Default BJJ Newcastle?

Thinking about going to BJJ, I'm a trad Judoka and JJ player. Way out of condition from work dominating time for the last year or so.

I know of the Faktory and Gracie Barra locally to me. What's the best and friendliest clubs?

the faktory is part of gracie barra newcastle both speedy and ian are brilliant coaches and both really friendly clubs i currently train at the faktory but trained with dave till he moved to wallsend you cant get better in newcastle

hi kieron is daves classes at wallsend full time now?

not sure exact times mate contact dave on facebook but faktory is mon wed fri 7 till 9 sat 1 till3 and sun 4 till 6 fri and sun are no gi rest are gi

Pedro Bessa affiliate in newcastle, met the guys from there at the Uk Prem champs and really nice bunch. Pedro and Brown belt mark Tucker visit the club regular

I can highly recommend going to Gracie Barra with Speedy, he's a top guy and awesome teacher. A few of us travel down from Dundee to train with him as well as Speedy coming up here to teach.
    FTD83

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    Pedro Bessa affiliate in newcastle, met the guys from there at the Uk Prem champs and really nice bunch. Pedro and Brown belt mark Tucker visit the club regular
    Who and where? Never heard of these guys

One of our guys trained under Speedy at Gracie Barra while he was in Uni. Says he is nothing but awesome, train with him.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Hywel Teague View Post
    Who and where? Never heard of these guys
    If im right there called combat sports Newcastle and train out of Northumbria Uni. Instructor was a blue belt last time i heard

I was at Northumbria Uni sports centre just recently and they don't have any BJJ on the time tables. Can you please try and find out some details of these guys? Never heard of them, have no idea where they're based but would be interested to find out where as it's v close to me